Wednesday, October 21, 2020

WOYWW #594 - I'm Back!

 Goodmorning, crafty friends!

I had the most precious email from Margaret last week asking about me. She'd not seen me at our weekly WOYWW meet-up and just wanted to check on me. 

How sweeet that even though there is a gigantic pond between us, my neighbor wanted to check on me. Thank you, dear friend.

My desk is a bit covered at the moment:


Baby Albums! Across the top back (almsot out of view) are the papers I'm making pages from. Down the left side are the embellishments I've made and the right hand side is just left overs to do something with (Put away, maybe? LOL)

For the past several weeks my table has been all about First Year albums for two precious little girls to be born around Thanksgiving.
If you've been following me for awhile you've heard me talk about Kassie - the little girl from my daycare that became 'like a daughter' from the very beginning.  By the time Kassie turns 23 in December, she will be holding twin girls.  She used the Marco Polo app (like facetime) that I was going to be a grandma to twins. She's already dubbed us Mimi and Pop.

I combined the making of the albums with the October junk journal challenge from DearJulieJulie to construct the journals so each of the 11 tags/ cards and 11 embellishments were made in duplicate - except for the Sticker Embellishment. I made 12 of those for each album

If you have a few minutes (the video is about 18 min. long) I walk you through the elements. If not, come back next week and I'll have a walk through of one of the completed albums. 



That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to 
Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 



Creative Blessings!
~Kelly




16 comments:

  1. Fab video Kelly, thanks for sharing. My friend has just had a baby girl so I'll be using some of your ideas. Take care with hugs, Sue #35. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, great to see you again. I can't wait to see the album. I'm working on a girl and boy one at the moment for a friend though she doesn't know it yet. I don't know what sex the baby will be so making two but sure they wont go to waste as she has two other sisters. I have never made anything like this before but I'm getting there. Wishing you a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x20x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly, how very special and I know you are so excited for those babies!! Good luck with the baby albums!!! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #32

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you back on the desks Kelly, I'm glad you're ok! What lovely news about the babies, you'll enjoy the cuddles!
    Hugs LLJ 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly. You made it! So pleased all is well with you, and that your absence wasn't due to illness or anything dire! Thanks so much for your email. These books sound amazing. Can't wait to see them next week! Trust all goes well with the birth of two beautiful little girls.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to seeing the book and hope when the time comes the birth goes well for Kassie. how exciting. take care. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, these albums are very precious things.. just like the awaited arrivals. Wishing Kassie all the best & Happy WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like these albums are going to be very special for many reasons! What an exciting time!
    Thanks for the snoop!
    Chrissie #10

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, the albums look adorable, I'm sure they'll be a treasured keepsake. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. The albums look so cute Kelly. So good to see you back and with such great news. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly, your albums are going to look gorgeous if those embellishments are going to be in it; a great walkthrough video. Angela #36

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea, Kelly, and I am sure the albums will be treasured.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! look at all those baby embellishments ~ You have been busy! It's going to be a wonderful album. Enjoy the weekend! Love, Karen#40

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry I’m late! Wow Kelly, so much lovely excitement for you, how absolutely lovely. mimi and Pops...you must be very excited! and twins, so much love to put into all the embellishments and albums for them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your albums will be absolutely lovely for the new babies. How exciting!
    Sorry to be so late visiting.
    Susan #24

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelly, oh how exciting for your family. Congratulations. that is a lot of pretty pink to play with. ~Stacy #33 "JBgreendawn"

    ReplyDelete