Tuesday, September 21, 2021

CARD CHICKS -September

 Hi everyone!

I have been so horrid about getting to my blogs lately. For the last 2 months I've not really wanted to do much of anything except be a lump on the newly cleared sofa. HoneyB seems to enjoy it, too, as that is where he sleeps most days. He is even pretty good about sharing.

I didn't do the Card Chicks card for August. I was deep in 'find the studio' mode before company arrived. The sofa has stayed cleaned off for an entire month!!! That in itself is progress LOL

I do have the September Card Chicks card - and on time! Yeah... it happens lol

My friend, Maggie (Texas), was our hostess this month and she sent a lovely kit of muted shades. She is also an avid butterfly hatcher (She hatches hundreds of monarchs ever year from her back yard habitat) so she had to include flowers and butterflies in her kit. 

I've made one card from the kit so far:


The Front


Inside

Maggie sent DSP from Stampin' Up! Bloom & Bliss as well as Beau Chateau (the chicken wire print)
Sweet Sugar plum (retired color) paired well with the Bloom & Bliss so I used that for my base and the mats both outside and in.


I used Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils ( Assortment 1 & Assortment 2

I used Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Rich Razzleberry

I am hosting next month. I'm pretty sure Graphic 45 DSP will be paired with SU DSP just for something diffrent to play with. 

I've been buying an abundance of Graphic 45 lately at the SpectrumArtCreations sales. We gather on YouTube Live every Saturday beginning at 2 p.m. EST. Come join the fun! We play games as well as shop. You might want to put dinner in the crock pot because Madi and Team are live until midnight EST. Make sure to sign up for their weekly newsletter to be in on a special Secret Word game! Only newsletter subscribers are eligible to play!

I'm getting back up to speed and a regular schedule again.

Creative Blessings
~Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment