Monday, January 24, 2022

AWESOME OTTERS VALENTINE!

 Hi Everyone!

I'm finally back to creating and it feels fabulous!

I'm starting a regular series on my YouTube channel called Stampin' Up! Sunday.

Saturday, I (loosely) took part in a winter 'creative retreat' hosted by my upline, Brandy Cox, an three other high-ranking dems - Connie Stewart, Jackie Bolbuis and Sharon Armstrong. I've watched all of these ladies create for years and blessed to have them sharing with all of us.

We had challenges at the top of every hour on Saturday. One of them was a Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. 

Looking at a Tic Tac Toe grid - the options were these:

Top Row - RIBBON   FUN FOLD   DESIGNER SERIES PAPER (DSP)

Middle Row - STAMPIN' BLENDS   FAVORITE COLOR   BLING

Bottom Row - DIE CUT (or punch)   EMBOSSING FOLDER   FLOWERS

I chose from bottom left diagonal to top right - DIE CUT   FAVORITE COLOR   DSP

Here's the card I created:

While purple is my favorite color - Pink and Red are my favs when it comes to Valentines.

I started with a Real Red cardstock base, added DSP mat from SWEET TALK DSP  The larger background is the reverse of the heart lollipop pattern. 
The Real Red cardstock also mats the other three pieces. All with only an 1/8" border. 
The images from AWESOME OTTERS were stamped on Basic White cardstock. The sentiment was stamped in Real Red ink and the Otter in Early Espresso ink.

AWESOME OTTERS is one of the FREE options from our SALE A BRATION catalog when you purchase a minimum of $50 in product from any of our catalaogs & clearance (before tax/ shipping)

I used Sketch SC209 from Splitcoast Stampers - HERE 
You'll find other cards using this sketch by following THIS LINK

Here are the cutting dimensions:
Begin with the 5.5" x 4.25" card base.

Mat #1 - 
   DSP - 5-3/8" x 4-1/8"
Mat 2 -
   Real Red -2-7/8" x 4-3/8"
   DSP - 2-3/4" x 4-1/4"
Mat 3 - Sentiment
   Real Red - 3" x 1- 1/2"
   Basic White - 2-7/8" x 1 - 3/8"
Mat 4 - Otter
   Use SO SWEETLY STITCHED DIES (3 & 4 largest)
          Real Red - die #3
          Basic White - die #4
    
Use Stampin' Blends to color in the otter.  I used the following:
Otter's eyes - Balmy Blue - light
Otter's nose - Petal Pink - light
Water waves - Balmy Blue - light

The Sentiment is from Sweet Conversations

I added three white enamel dots from Classic Matte Dots

REMEMBER -
Purchase the Sweet Conversations (stamp & die) Bundle PLUS Sweet Talk DSP and you may choose Awesome Otters FREE from Sale A Brations catalog.

You may also choose to purchase the entire Sweet Talk Suite which includes the stamp/ die bundle, the DSP, coordinating Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Embellishments and treat boxes! Check it out HERE

Want to put this card together with me?  Here's the video:


I'll be back tomorrow with the first Card Chicks card of 2022. Until then...

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly





















No comments:

Post a Comment