Monday, May 16, 2011

Magazine Monday!


And I've returned with a vengeance. I spent 9 glorious hours creating in my studio yesterday. Mind you, most of what I created had to do with swaps I'm currently in (5-total). But it was wonderful to sit and play. I was surprised when I looked at the clock to see it was way past my normal bed time.

One of the swaps I'm in is titled 'Welcome Baby'. There are three spots - Girl, Boy, Neutral - making 4 cards in each spot. Well with a new grand-baby coming in October I just HAD to play. And I HAD to take a spot in each one. Hehehe. So I went through my magazines yesterday and found three different layouts.

This week I'm featuring a card by Jenny Grothe from STAMP IT Cards 2005. The only thing I've changed about Jenny's layout is the image. She used Stampin Up products including the baby's left footprint (I'm Here - retired set) in pink ink to match the dark mat underneath it. Jenny also did a zigzag stitch the length of the DP on the left hand side of the card and her base CS was a darker pink.


I chose to go with softer tones but used the darker mat to coordinate with the 'baby' in the bottom corner so it would pop off the DP background. I didn't have a footprint stamp large enough but it did give me the opportunity to use a 2-step stamp I've had for about 6 years and NEVER used!

I used Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and a Making Memories Maddi Narr Stripe. The background stamp on the tag mat is from Fresh Fillers (SU-retired). I added yellow glaze pen to the nipple. Ribbon and fiber were from my ever-present stash.

Next week I'll introduce you to the Baby Boy card.

Creative Blessings
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment