Monday, May 23, 2011

Magazine Monday!

It's a Boy!

I also took the baby boy card for the BOY category of the Welcome Baby Swap from the 2005 StampIt!

Designer Bonnie Lotz did a beautiful card using a variety of materials and techniques. For the card base, she used a Navy blue matted with white CS. From the sketch below you’ll also see she used stitching, buttons and two different styles of ways to showcase the words WELCOME and BABY.

I took the design a bit simpler and utilized what I had on hand. I didn’t have a large enough handprint so I substituted the pair of foot prints from StampCraft. The letters are from EK Success. I used Bordering Blue CS with Bashful Blue ink. The blue DP is from a misc. slab.

The neat thing with doing swaps is you send out 4 alike and you get 4 different ones back, making for a nice ‘All Occasion’ set always on hand.

Next week – the Neutral card, using up the last of my Barely Banana CS.

Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment