Sunday, November 6, 2011

Magazine Monday


I love fall. It is my absolute favorite time of the year. Warm days (usually), followed by cool, crisp nights perfect for sleeping. It also brings to mind yummy comfort foods such as turkey, pumpkin pie, and apple crisp. I found these things listed on a pattern paper from a Fall holiday slab.

I hope I have the right Heidi Erickson. In the Take Ten Vol. 4, she is listed as living in Mosinee WI. As you’ll see in the link above, that Heidi

has a shop in Schofield WI. I’ve heard from Heidi and because she’s submitted so many over the years, without seeing the actual card she can’t be sure it’s her either. Hehe I’m linking to her studio anyway. If they’re two separate artists, both are very talented and inspiring!

Okay, the LO this week again features the long, narrow card. Heidi’s card is a simple one perfectly adapted to any occasion. She did a Happy Birthday patterned paper for the main focus. Her image is a slice of birthday cake stamped over a shadow square (both from A Muse). She used monochromatic shades of greens in both her CS and her ink.


I chose to pull the colors from my patterned paper, too. I used Stampin' Up Cajun Craze and Old Olive. The green ribbon wasn’t exactly the shade I wanted but what I had on hand. I also felt it needed some hardware so added the 4 brads.

Next week I'll have another Fall card showing the versatility of this LO.
Creative Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, not my choice of ribbon... but a great design, lots could come from this tfs

    ReplyDelete