Monday, November 14, 2011

Magazine Monday

Bet you thought I'd be a no-show today, huh.

Well, we had unseasonably warm temperatures of 80 degrees in southcentral MO. I took the opportunity to get the storage shed straightened up, moved all 6 of the tubs of clothes Adrian has outgrown (each tub holds a different size from 12 mo. - 4T) to the shed as well as the Halloween decorations tub. Oh yeah, and a load of laundry on the line to beat dry in the gusty winds.

It was only after dark when I could sit down and make a card. I had one in que but then I remembered it's just like last week's card but with different papers so decided you needed something different.

Our SCS card kit swap group is still going strong. Sadly, as my freelance writing has picked up I've not had the time to play as much as I'd like. But when I began seeing what everyone was doing with this adorable scarecrow image by Whiff of Joy, I couldn't wait to play with him. My friend Maggie was this months packet person and she stuffed the envelope with all kinds of goodies. Check out her blog to see what a creative person she is!


I used my Derwent Watercolor pencils for the image and combined two of the papers Maggie provided. They are from the SU Autumn Vine DP collection. I added the paper twine, Jesse James corn stock button and the orange brads. To bring the stark white oval up a bit, I inked the edge with More Mustard.

I think this little scarecrow is just the cutest image!

Tomorrow I'll have a special Birthday card to share with you on Tea Pot Tuesday.
Creative Blessings!
Kelly


2 comments:

  1. great job Kel...love the details... he is just to cute, no doubt about it !... tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I just passed by Maggie's blog and saw her use this image! Nice take and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete