Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WOYWW #206 - What Do I Keep In Those Little Drawers?

I really love What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Hostess, Julia Dunnit at Stampin' Ground has created this awesome web of participants that allows us to peek inside each other's studios every week. Just click -> WOYWW to see what it's all about.

In the mean time... some of you have asked about my little drawer units at the back of my desk. These are 2 separate units of 6 drawers each... 3 over 3. I found them at a Goodwill store for $5 each. Not sure what I would do with them at the time, but I knew I couldn't leave them there. When I brought them home and sat them on the table, I knew they'd be perfect for items I use a lot but didn't want just sitting about. I later found these same drawer units in Oriental Trading for $30 each! Now I really wish I'd bought them all! So here we go...


Top Drawer - Glue Dots & Red Tape
Bottom Drawer - Pop Dots


Top Drawer - Acrylic Blocks
Bottom Drawer - Piercing Tools & Replacement Cutting Blades



Top Drawer - Hammer, Eyelet Tools, TH Sanding Block & refills


 Top Drawer - Shape Punches (May donate)
Bottom Drawer - Charms & other Metal Hardware

If I donate those hand punches, I'm going to use this drawer for the little ID Stamps I use on every card... you know the ones that say 'Stamped With Love', 'This Wish Stamped For You', etc. as well as my 2 most used large ink pads - VersaMark and Memento Black

And just in case you guys think my desk is never messy, I shot this pic after my crafting session on Saturday. I finally got the cards done up I was behind on... every one inspired by a card on Pinterest. I'll show them another time.. but here's my desk before clean-up:


I left just enough space in front of me to bring in the paper trimmer when needed. You can just see the stack of images to the left that I'd printed off my Pinterest board - Paper Playhouse. I've since done something else with them I'll be showing one day next week. Today, my desk is back to normal. 

And here's a puzzle for you... look to the upper right side of the picture.. just in front of the green corner punch. Can you tell what that might be? I will tell you it's one of my new organization tips I'll be showing soon. In the mean time, I'd love to hear what you think it is.

With hubby home a day early and two deadlines looming, I'll get around to as many of you as I can. Happy WOYWW!

Creative Blessings!
Kelly


13 comments:

  1. Are you talking about the shutter? I can't quite tell since I'm on my phone desk surfing today :). Love those little drawers!

    Katie 122

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good buy on those drawers. I love containers big and small, so I would have bought them too! I've joined your membership and I look forward to seeing what you are up to. Happy trails....Carole # 121

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those drawers are brilliant. They look so neat and tidy there on your desk - and I really don't think your desk is untidy - used, loved, worked on - as many adjectives as you like! It's good.
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #64

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly - I love a good puzzle and you have me beat! It looks like one of those strange scalp massage tools! And even if it is which I doubt very much what would you do with it - Intrigued! WOYWW Hugs to you from Helen 88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, thanks so much for last week's photo tips - still trying to find the foam but I will keep looking. I so envy those terrific drawers and - sorry can't think of the answer to the puzzle. I'm rubbish at working out that sort of thing! Can't till all is revealed. Meanwhile is it something for threading tape through? she asks wildly! x #58 Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly
    great storage draws how we all love finding little gems like that. No idea of the answer
    Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
    Ria #21

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those little drawers.
    Happy Wednesday Karin 144

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a find! Those drawers are just FAB!!
    Krisha #113

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how organized your drawers are -- they really are a perfect size for craft supplies. My over-40 eyes can't figure out what might be next to the green corner punch, so I'll have to visit next week to find out. *smile* Happy WOYWW from Laura #154 (bookworm.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your storage. Nail varnish?
    Karen #53

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat storage! Everything is to hand and sorted out... I like that!! Sorry I missed you last week...I had to slip down to my dads unexpectedly so didn't comment on many....
    Hugs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab drawers. I've had moments of 'I wish I'd bought them all' too... still we know for next time now, eh?!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great drawers! I love storage ideas. Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comments. Hope you have had a great week Liz x

    ReplyDelete