Monday, August 22, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Traveling Along!


There are several things I love. Hard copy lists, planners and good deals rank high. I've been hearing lots about Travel Journals so when I found these Bohemian Travel Journals at Michaels for 80% off, I could not pass them up. I bought several colors... each with a project in mind.

Here's my first one:


Presently I carry a Monthly calendar from Dollar Tree AND a notebook in my purse. While I'm pretty sure this won't actually fit in my purse, This one does allow me to have both in one pretty package. I replaced the bee charm with a filigree heart locket and a key charm 


I started with this packet of border stickers from K & Co. and used them to decorate the cover as well as within the pages. The pages consisted of a signature of craft paper and a signature of white paper.


I measured the signatures and created a monthly page layout. 


I used Month and date stickers from The Paper Studio (another great deal at 50% off at HL)

Then decorated the inside pages with the stickers and some of the Washi Tape my husband is sure I hoard. :-)




I also added some lined paper from a To Do List pad I had on hand.


I'm looking forward to using this pretty travel journal for all the brain dump stuff that passes through my head when I'm out and about. 









2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kelly, I love this! I have those K&Co boarders, and lots of stickers and Hoarded Washi tape! Just not the cute little Jornal to decorate. You sure think of great projects. I probably could use something else. Thinking... Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, Sharon. I think Michaels may still have some of those journals. $2.99 a piece or there abouts.

      Delete