Monday, August 29, 2016

MONDAY CATCH-UP

I want to get back on my blog posting schedule... but for this week, I'm catching up on a the Teapot Tuesday projects.  Now that I can work in the studio on a regular basis, I'm getting back into the Teapot Tuesday group on Splitcoast.  If you're not familiar, Teapot Tuesday is an RAK thread where someone is chosen to receive cards for varying reasons. Today, I'm showing you cards for the past two weeks.



The first one is for Al Baker. Here's a brief shot of his story:

Al is a big guy, very bright, with an off center sense of humor. Loves to dress up as a pirate, used to go jump in the Detroit River in the dead of winter for charity (dressed in his "semi-formal" outfit of tuxedo jacket and Bermuda shorts), has been known to appear in a grass skirt & top hat at parties, and is inordinately fond of bright colors & tie dye. This would be an opportunity to use those slightly risque or downright rude stamps, if you have them- he has a vast sense of humor. He's a proponent of Zen whitewater rafting- you get to the rapid, pull your paddles out of the water, and go where the river takes you. So, he's funny, adventurous, and an outside the lines kind of guy.

When I read he takes the Polar Bear Plunge, I knew exactly what needed to be on his card:


The image is from Imediate Media - a card magazine from the UK. Since Al likes to wear his tuxedo jacket when he takes the plunge, the little penguin a bonus element.  I used Recollections CS and The Paper Studio - Beach House paper. The dots are stickles and I added a bit of natural toned paper twine.

The next card is for a sweet lady named Marilyn. Here's a bit about why she is on our list:
She is a widow. Her daughter said she walks to the mailbox every day and there is never any mail for her.

She grew up on a farm with a few cattle and hogs and grew corn. They had a chicken house and raised their own from eggs. They had a huge fruit tree orchard, apples and cherries. Her dad died of a heart attack when she was 16. She married at 19 and by age 26 there were 4 children; she raised her family in a very small town; she went back to school and became an LPN when her daughter was in junior high school and prior to that she worked the night shift in a café so she was always home for the kids and didn’t have to pay a baby sitter.

She knits, loves to read and to putter with her “tomato” plant and a few flowers.

I wanted a touch of vintage and one of my favorite images to work with is Garden Collage (retired SU).


The paper is from K & Co. The image is stamped on SU Very Vanilla in Memento Rich Cocoa. I added a bit or Recollections lace trim and three pearls. 

Marilyn will be on my monthly RAK list as well as various holidays. 

Tomorrow I will have this week's Teapot Tuesday card. Then the first Tuesday in September, my bestie from High School is the recipient. I'll share her story then.

In the mean time, we'd love to have you join us. Whether you choose to make a card or make and mail to someone .. either is fine. We just like to make friends and bring smiles. 

Creative Blessings!
Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment