Wednesday, February 15, 2023

WOYWW #715 & #KCDFebJJ23 Week 3 Challenge

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Wow... just rolling into 8 a.m. and I thought I was running late this morning. 

First off, this is my 'desk' for the week:


This is my filming corner and the desk should be to the left in front of those shelves but I've taken everything out of the space that I can to make room for improvements. I have cube storage units to put together today then I'm hoping (if I measured correctly) that 4 of them will fit below that window ledge (that I still need to clear off before I start).

As part of this whole studio redo, I took one day last week to sort gather all of my bling and sort out. 
This is just a small portion of what I have:


Back in 2021 I ordered THESE bags from Amazon with the plan to store all of my stamp sets in. I'm hoping to finally get to that project next month.
In the mean time, I took 55 of them, lined each with a piece of poster board for stability and put each bling type in their own bag.  This way I can store them in a photo box and flip through to find what I need. I may still pull the basic colors from the scrap rack and add them to here since when working on a project, unless it's theme specific, I may not know what I want to use.

I chose not to cut the sealing edge off in case I want to use the 'empty' bag for something else later. They are sized for 5x7 cards.



Week 3 Stick Pull for the February challenge:


In tomorrow's video we'll be making doilies for our journals. They can also be used on cards. No crochet hook/ thread required. Intriqued? 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

  Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly







10 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to come back to see the video!! My memory is just shot. I am a little bit envious of your organisation. I have to admit I am moving towards more and more storage in those plastic envelopes. I often keep things in their packaging but it all perishes eventually. I hadn't considered my bling box till now but that may be a project for the future. It is in a right state!! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lot of bling, you’ll just have to use it on everything, lol!! Great bit of sorting though, so easy to see what is where!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a colourful lot of bling! Best of luck with the reorganisation. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all that bling Kelly and so well organised too. Hope the cubes fit where you want them. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so organised with your stash. I do use plastic folders quite often.t's a shame those chocolates aren't real they look scrummy. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  6. some great re-organising here! hope the cubes have slotted into place nicely! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as though you are well on the way to being organised! Those plastic folders look VERY useful! Hugs, Chrisx 18

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not jealous of your reorganisation! You go girl, keep plugging at it and you'll soon be there. Hope the new cupboards fitted together ok.
    Stay safe
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I see why..the light in that area is perfect for filming isn’t it. The cubes will look great as well as being useful. I’m all for a basket of stuff to flick through, it has really increased my use of stuff…mostly by me seeing bits that would work well instead of going straight to what I thought I had in mind. IYKWIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of bling! Good for you for organizing it all! The sticks are interesting, I look forward to seeing what you will do with a doily. Your space looks great, I hope the cubes work out for you! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #19

    ReplyDelete