Monday, February 27, 2023

MONDAY GOODIES!

Good morning, everyone!

No cards this week. Bob got home Friday afternoon and as usual, we've been on the go. Today we are working on the filming corner.

I spent most of Thursday, Friday, Saturday watching all the amazing creators taking part in the Card Makers Success Summit at Stamp Me Some Love. The event is FREE unless you want to purchase the lifetime access. Trust me... if you think you're not going to be able to watch everything or want to go back at a later time and watch a video again, it is well worth the minimal price for the VIP.   Videos are only available for 24 hours without the pass! But here's the thing...   If you don't buy the pass the first time you click on the purchase link, the price goes up... so make your decision the first go round. You'll be glad you did. I think Brandi said there would be another the end of March as she has other stuff going on in July when she normally runs the next round.

Okay..  So no cards, but lots of video watching, downloading free tutorials and signing up for lots of emails I'll probably wind up dropping.

BUT... I did fall in love with a product that apparently has been around awhile.  I'm always late to the party LOL

Have you heard of STENCIL 360*?

I'm going to link you to Ardyth's video because I think it's one of the best. Justine Hovey also has a really good one, but here's Ardyth's:


You'll find the product on the Penguin Palace website. They are out of Canada. My starter kit, storage bag and one other stencil set should arrive Thursday or Friday. LOL

I'll be doing tutorials and plays in the near future. Keep in mind... whether you are a card maker, a scrapbooker or play with junk journaling.. THIS product has sooo many possibilities.

I also networked in the livestream chats quite a bit and had requests for tutorials using other products so I'll be busy this summer.

Okay... I'm recording a haul video this morning before we get started. I did a short Hobby Lobby trip on Saturday. When I went last week, not a lot of stuff had been marked down. Saturday was much more successful...


I was thrilled to find the teal wax melts for the glue gun. I want to make Thank You seals for my etsy gift packages. I also picked up charms for the mermaid journals, four wink of stella pens, a package of misters and four packages of different types coils for the cinch - 2 coil and 2 D style. The little blue crystal cup was from the Easter Spring Shop line. I'm going to use it to put my fine tip glue bottle in upside down when I'm working on a project. Then there's one other item up in the top right you can't see very well....


It is called a Glitter Vac from We R Memory Keepers. I saw one on the shelf for $15, but then looked behind and there was one for $10!!!  You recharge with a USB and use it to vacuum up all the little bits on your work desk. You can also run it across your keyboard.  I've been wanting one so grabbed this. I figure what I saved on the clearance more than paid for this new addition to my office... and it's teal!

okay... I'll be posting pics to my IG account for the #100dayproject. I have day 3, 4, 5 to post yet but thought I'd share them with you here. All about the studio progress...


The adhesives from off of one cart are all sorted and ready to go here:


I took all the punches off of this cart, sprayed it Teal and now I'll have all different styles of adhesives on hand next to my table. I've already put a liner in the middle tray and Bob trimmed down my stickles tray to fit in there. But since I'm not using the black carts anymore, the tray had been stored in, the tray had to be reconfigured to fit.

The punch cart is finished!


All of the punches I use most are on this cart. Most of the seasonal punches are in a rack on the end of my big work island.  I was even able to add the crocodiles and standard hole punches thanks to the clip on containers on the side. 

That's it for me. 

I'll be back Wednesday with our March Challenge chat and our stick samples on Thursday. Other than that, pretty quiet here this week as I have Bob home to help whip the studio into shape. 

Are you doing the #100dayproject?  Some have told me they were inspired to use the challenge to organize as I am doing. I'd love to hear what you're up to!

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly












1 comment:

  1. I watched a lot of the videos for the card summit, too. Loved the ones you mentioned. I looked for you on SplitcoastStampers in the JJ forum, but you haven't posted since I did. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete