Wednesday, March 1, 2023

WOYWW #717 - Not A Desk

 Good morning, crafty friends! So Good to see you again.

I do apologize for not getting round last week. As you'll see from the photo and description, I was a bit busy making use of Bob's talents as soon as he got home. LOL  I even canceled Reindeer Club for February.

If you want to play along with my Monthly Color Challenge, you'll find the MARCH COLOR CHALLENGE HERE.

Well, Since Bob got home last week we've been working on the filming corner. This is also the actual 'desk' crafting area. The big work island you've seen in the past will be reserved for my office work and getting out the big machines or scrapbooking.

The filming table is down at the moment. I've painted the legs and they are curing another day or so. I'll explain where the table will go in just a moment. But first.....


This is the actual crafting area in the entire 480 sq. ft. of studio space. This only measures approximately 6 ft. x 8 ft. 

Starting on the left.. you can just see my 4-drawer Project Life cabinet in the foreground. The next section of shelves is where I did store the majority of my stamps. However, when the filming table is in place, getting to stamps required getting down on my hands and knees to crawl under the table to reach any of them. This body just does not do that any more.

I have a matching set of shelves on the back of those that holds all of my scrapbooking stuff so I'm going to bring that around to this side since I don't access those items as often and put the stamps on the other side where I can get to them much easier. That's my project for today.  On top of those shelves I'll keep my most used and possibly seasonal stamps. Once I break everything down and store in the envelopes as I did the bling (shown HERE in Week 715) I may not need as many boxes so that will be helpful.  Incidentally, the filming table attaches to the top of those shelves.

The unit Tabby is showing off is the new 4-cube unit storage. Everything is in place and I still have a couple of extra baskets! I'm sure I can fill those up without too much trouble. On top is where I will keep my most used supplies such as my ephemera folders, inks, bling and tag bases.

Then the cabinet on the right is a full wall unit that houses ALL of my paper/ cardstock. That is completely organized and I can get to items. The only thing on that unit that is not paper are three K-cup drawer units holding my glitters and embossing powders and a plastic 3-drawer unit for larger containers. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly




11 comments:

  1. Well, your space may be a little limited but wow, you’ve packed a lot in!! Great storage there, it must be great to have everything to hand - hope the filming table turns out ok too. And you have to make use of the hubby when he’s home, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great storage solutions. I am always trying to sort things to make more space. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been working hard, it's looking good
    Carry on the good work
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your storage units, it all looks very organised. Poor Bob though, he should be having a rest while he's home Lol! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly pack a lot of storage into a small crafting space Kelly - loving all the organisation. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah#2

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for talking us through your space, it is well organised. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoot whoot just look at your treasure trove of a space Kelly 🀩😍🀩😍 you are so organised and so much goodness you've managed to store 🀸‍♀️πŸ’•πŸ€© and hellooo to your wee furry helperπŸˆπŸ’•πŸ’Ÿ❤️ Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #13 xxx 🌺🌷🌺🌷❤️πŸ’Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a super space to work in Kelly!
    Just had a look at your March challenge...
    Happy WOYWW! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’ve sussed it, everything accessible and on show, that’s the key to using any of it isn’t it! Brilliant work Kelly, I hope you really enjoy the sorted space. The thought of it making you even more craft efficient and prolific blows me away a bit, I mean, surely there’s only so much you can do?!! I completely blew the Feb challenge, so am moving on, and will look at the March challenge instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly, if you would like some digital files for your Alice journal, I would be happy to send some x Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crafting space looks great. It's nice to have things within easy reach.

    ReplyDelete