Monday, February 20, 2023

A DIFFERENT MONDAY - #100dayproject

 Good morning, crafty friends!

I've been so busy working on trying to get the filming corner done that I've not done any cards.  With that in mind, I thought I'd show you what I am doing.

Incidentally, my #100dayprojectd is to get the studio in order. 100 days and 100 projects should see me there, right? Well... Hmmm

I've been focusing on the filming corner. Once it's done, I can continue to put together content while I work my way out into the rest of the room. 

I hit a couple of bumps with the cube storage last week but managed to push through until I hit one that I just have to have Bob take care of. So much for having the stuff out of the living room before he gets home. ::: sigh :::

I showed you the empty space a couple of weeks ago. If you missed that, you can see the picture HERE.

That empty space was filled with 3 black mesh carts I bought on clearance at Office Depot several years ago. Each was comprised of 2 drawers. A deep bottom drawer for hanging file folders then a shallower top drawer. I bought them with the intention of keeping my Stampin' Up! business files and overstock of cardstock in the bottom drawers then other business/ and ink storage in the top drawers. The problem was, the bottom drawers could not handle weight of either the file folders or cardstock. I'd pull the drawer out but when I tried to put them back, the frame would torque. I'd have to take everything out of the drawer, straighten the frame then try again. Such a pain!

Here is a similar cart on AMAZON except with 3 drawers



I tried remedying the problem by moving the overstock cardstock to a milk crate in the warehouse. but the frames had just been done in and I only put things in those deeper drawers that were light weight and weren't needed often. 

I finally got frustrated enough that I had to have a better option. Then I had the idea for cube storage. 

Here's where I am and I'll explain why there are only 3


There will be a 4th cube top left. But there is a 1x4 brace under that end of the shelf  against the back wall that is about 1/2" too low to allow the top unit to slide back against the wall. I've cried uncle and decided that is just something Bob is going to have to take care of. I think he can do it without having to take the whole shelf down. 

I have drawn out the cubes and noted what will go where. There will be 4 teal cube storage boxes with lighter weight items in them and I think Bob can add a shelf to 2 of them so that I don't have wasted space... like the bottom right where my ink spots/ refills will go. 

My only challenge at the moment is how to reconfigure the stickles storage Bob built me - custom made to fit one of the metal drawers.


As you can see, I can spare a hole or two that might make it fit in one of the cubbies.

That's it for me. I will be back Wednesday with our final February stick pull and WOYWW. Thursday we'll have a complete interview with one of Tim Holtz' makers - Tiffany Solorio. Friday, the element from the stick pull then Reindeer Club on Saturday. Going to be a busy week so don't miss a minute!!!

Creative Blessings
~Kelly









No comments:

Post a Comment