Monday, July 16, 2012

Magazine Monday


Happy Monday, everyone!

I spent a blissful afternoon in the Studio yesterday. I thumbed through magazines and found all the card inspirations I’ll need for every Monday through 2012! And made several of them, besides. I should have taken time last night to get today’s post together but until my husband called around 9:30 last night, I had no clue what time it was and suddenly very tired. I love how I can get lost in my creative world.

Today’s card was inspired by Cynthia Hillstrom’s card, You’re a Dear Friend, featured in the May/ June 2007 issue of RubberStamper Magazine (now under Crafts n Things).  Cynthia used mostly Close to My Heart products. Her base was a mottled blending of cherub pink, baby pink, shell pink and lavender. She used a varigated pink/ white checked ribbon and 3 pink heart brads.

I liked the layout just as it is. I don’t do 4x9 cards very often and this one just spoke to me. To fill the long slender white mat, I instantly thought of SU- Nice n Narrow stamp set. This particular set has the flower, baby carriage and a Christmas tree. I need a card for my MO monthly stamp loop and thought the flower and a bright yellow would bring a Happy Hello to my recipient this month.



I used SU Daffodil Yellow, misc. yellow grograin ribbon and LePlume markers. The sentiment is from SU Lots of Thoughts.

Creative Blessings!
Kel

3 comments:

  1. Love your tall card! Yellow and white is such a fresh summery color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the cheerful color. That SU stamp set is so versatile. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow and the simplicity of your card make so pretty.

    ReplyDelete