Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teapot Tuesday!

Yep.. I'm here with my first Teapot card in weeks. I knew the technique I wanted to use and once I read the challenge, picking stamps was easy.


When I read Heath's story I knew Nobel Deer (retired SU) would have to be included. Heath loves to hunt. He may live in Oklahoma but I think he's an Ozarks man at heart. I recently learned about the Triple Time stamp method through my Missouri stamping group. The technique is shown by dostamping on YouTube . Dawn has a wide range of fabulous tutorials on YouTube.

The concept is to lay all of your light-tone mats on top of each other (without their colored cs mats), stamp your image, then go back and layer them with the CS mats. It adds a neat dimension to the card. Here, the big buck seems to be walking out of the timber (created using Lovely As A Tree).  I matted GP white on SU Always Artichoke. The deer and sentiment are stamped in Chocolate Chip and the trees with Always Artichoke. I added a bit of twine to suspend the 'FAITH' charm from, as Heath is strong in his faith. The scallop circle is Paper Studio 1 7/8". The sentiment is from the Floral Wreath set by Gina K Designs.

It felt great to be back in the Studio today and I look forward to playing again and bringing you lots of inspiration!

Creative Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. lovely example of a great technique. thanks for the skinny on how to do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so gorgeous! Love that technique and the deer looks so alive! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this technique, it definitely gives it a 3 D kind of look . I like the colors you choose too, not the traditional green and browns for out doors...

    I am off to check out that technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your nature card it is so beautiful.
    Thanky you MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one, Kelly! I really like your combination of images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these type of cards. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete