Tuesday, August 7, 2018

TEAPOT TUESDAY - Let Your Love Flow

Good morning, everyone - from so far still sunny Eureka Springs Arkansas. Rain is to move in late this afternoon - about the time I'm headed for the dinner train research excursion... of course. LOL

I am playing in Teapot Tuesday at Splitcoast this week. Even though I'm 'on vacation' I had to participate because I'm the one who brought Meredith Gilmore to the tea party!

Meredith is cousin to the infamous country duo - The Bellamy Brothers. I've known Howard and David for over 25 years. When I watched an episode of their new tv show, Honky Tonk Ranch, the audience was introduced to Meredith. She has Spina Bifida and in a care facility. She is a sweet gal with a ready smile. She loves to make jewelry and catch up with friends on FB.

On the first episode of the show, the guys were debating about doing the show so they 'consulted the mermaids'. That inspired my card for this week.


Sea of Textures is a new stamp set this year from SU so I purchased that set and Magical Mermaid. The two sets are a perfect combination.  I used the swimming fish die and the Embossing Mat to create texture in the background

While the layers don't show up well in the photo, I've used dimensionals for the sea grass by stamping the image twice, watercoloring, then fussy cutting them out. I glued one flat to the card base then popped the other one up with dimensionals. I did the same with the coral in the bottom. To make sure the Tranquil Textures Sprinkles stayed in place, I glued them with dimensional glaze. The mermaid also has dimensionals. 

Here's the inside:



The episode with Meredith is the one episode I couldn't find on YouTube.. but here's the one that sets everything up, including consulting the mermaids:  





No comments:

Post a Comment