Tuesday, August 28, 2018

TEAPOT TUESDAY - New Home

Two weeks ago, we were asked to make a card for a woman who had just moved into a new home next door to her daughter. There is a gate in the fence between the two yards so they can visit each other whenever.

I knew when I heard the challenge I wanted to use the Stampin' UP! set,  AT HOME WITH YOU. I even pulled the stamp set and put it on the work table. I just couldn't get to it.. until yesterday morning.  So while my card is going to be a bit later than the others, I hope she'll appreciate the thought.  I also added something from a new set in the Holiday catalog releasing September 5th - MANY BLESSINGS is similar to the At Home set but without dies. The potted flowers, basket of pumpkins and box of candy canes are the same size as the adornments in the original set. The only set back is there are no dies. Man, I could have used those cutting out two sets of the potted sunflowers this morning, but at that they only took about 15 minutes to cut both sets.


I started with a Soft Suede A2 card base. Then I cut a piece of Crumb Cake 5-1/4" x 4" and ran that through the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. 
The door is stamped on Whisper White then colored in with Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blends. The door handle is colored in Dk. Daffodil Delight and I added a gold brad at the top of the door handle where the latch is located. 

I cut the window panes out with my Xacto knife then layered a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock behind that. The door opens. I cut through the door, the embossed layer and the card base front so that you can see the white inside where it says 'to your new home' The 'to' is from Snowflake Sentiments. The rest is from At Home With You. I covered up 'on'. Welcome 'on' just didn't sound right LOL Of course, the Welcome is the welcome mat stamped in Memento Black on Soft Suede.

For the lantern, I cut out two, then used the window pane die to cut out to openings in one. I sandwiched Daffodil Delight between the two lanterns. 

The pot of sunflowers is from the new Many Blessings. I used Cajun Craze for the pot and edged with Soft Sued. The flowers have a hint of Pumpkin Pie beneath Lt. Daffodil Delight. The leaves are Granny Apple Green over top a touch of Old Olive. I stamped and colored the image twice. Then I cut the flowers and the single leaf stem from one of them. The full pot is glued flat to the card front. Then I used mini dimensionals to layer the bouquet, single flower on top. 

This is the first time I've used either of these stamp sets. I look forward to creating more cards with them.

2 comments: