Thursday, April 25, 2019

THURSDAY THREADS - A tip

I haven't had a thread post yet this year and thought I should get them rolling again.


I've brought the crochet hook back out. I have problems crocheting in the evenings because the cats want to help... usually lay in my lap. But I usually go to bed around 9 so I can turn on my fan and just wind down a bit before going to sleep. Tabby is my bed mate. She's a cat and cats play with yarn. To make it possible for me to still work on something, not have to chase the yarn off the bed and to keep her out of it, I've devised a plan.

After rolling the yarn into balls, I put each inside a gallon zip bag then cut a small hole in a bottom corner to feed the yarn through. Cat-hair free, Tabby can't get to the yarn (for the most part) and the ball doesn't roll off the bed away from me. I keep the three of them in my project bag and just rotate them out as needed.

This particular color scheme is to be a lap-gan for Abby's bed here at our house. The girl is all about PINK so I know this is a safe combination. I'm using Red Heart. Fiusha, Soft Pink, White.
The stitch is a simple single crochet, chain one, single crochet. the single crochet is worked in the chain space. I am doing 2 rows of the Fiusha then one each Soft Pink, White then repeat. I was planning a full size afghan for a twin bed but only chained 205 stitches for my base. Will be wide enough to go over her ottomon bed and provide a little extra something if the AC is too chilly for her. 

Silly me, thought I could do this in one month then do Adrian's - in blues - in May so they'd have them when they got here. I'm not even an 8th of the way through Abby's. Hmmm Oh well, if I can finish them up this summer, they'll have them for their next visit. 

What are you working on?
Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment