Wednesday, September 20, 2023

WOYWW #746

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Thanks for stopping in. I should be able to visit everyone this week. Bob is off to his brother's in OK this weekend then could possibly head back to work on Tuesday. 

I have a lot to catch up on so let me show you a rather tidy desk this morning. 

Before I do that, I have this picture I took for Elizabeth from Elizabeth & Bluebeard


I saw this rocking horse in a consignment shop a few weeks ago. I immediately took my phone out and snapped the picture to show her. For those of you who don't know, Elizabeth collects rocking horses. I'd love to have taken this to her but a photo will have to do. 

Okay, the desk:


Not super exciting as I was actually crafting on the dining room table last night while I visited with Bob.
These are junk mail envelopes (right) and tags for them (left).
As is the challenge for this week on my YouTube channel to use pattern paper (so  much easier than printing off, I imagine, Miss Julia. ;-) I decided to cover all five of the envelopes with the pattern paper. I'll need to decorate at least one on my video for tomorrow. I hope to have the other four done before I have to film this afternoon.
The tags are made from the scrapbook paper pack from Stampin' Up! that I'm using for this kit. I've cut each one to size and glued an aged piece of spiral notebook paper to the back for journaling. I still need to decorate the inside of the envelope for what you'll see through the window when the tag is removed. Still thinking on that one. To the far left you'll see scraps from the retired paper pad, Painted Autumn. I'm really trying to work through my stash!

I hope you all stopped in to see our very own Tracy Easson on the blog last month. Tomorrow, I'll be featuring cardmaker, Justine Hovey. Justine shared excited news a couple of months ago and I knew I needed to bring her on board to let all of you know what she's up to.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly


9 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting working with envelopes, hope you get them finished in time to film them
    Enjoy the week
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my lovely are as busy as ever 💕 Elizabeth will enjoy the photo with the rocking horse 🐎 I'm a lover of all kinds of paper Kelly ... those envelopes are lush you get through the mail ( told you love paper I do lol) going to be do pretty with your scrapbook papers ❤️ I hope you get everything you need doing ticked off ready for filming. Sending much love and hugs your way Tracy #14 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sure Elizabeth will love that rocking horse even if it is only a photo, it is a fine example and so very colourful. Bet it was much loved at one time,
    Good luck with the filming, sounds sensible to me to use patterned paper.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth with love that rocking horse I am sure. I am trying to use up my stash too. It does seem to be shrinking much though! Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is indeed a great photo for Elizabeth Kelly - fabulous rocking horse. Looks like the tags and envelope project is really interesting. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure Elizabeth will love the rocking horse. I hope she sees it. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely rocking horse, just the sort of thing that Elizabeth loves. Have fun with your tag project. Enjoy your crafty woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rocking horse was a good spot, I’m sure Elizabeth would have been tempted by it if she’d seen it in the shop! Well done for making inroads into your stash, the altered bits and pieces are great.
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE that we know each other well enough to see things that make us think of each other...my little pocket folios are a case in point...they went to Miss Dunnit in a fit of generosity and every time I'm at her place I see them in use and think of you! I'd also love to deliver a rocking horse to Elizabeth...wouldn't it be fun! I shall be catching up with all sorts very soon, so your YT and blog will be hot in my hands. You're so right about the printing (!!), but in my defence, why would I when I have a lifetime supply of patterned paper ready made!! Love the envelopes, our post office is rubbish at delivering patterned envelopes, even plain red ones don't get through the postcode readers easily. Ridiculous. Hope Bob had a great visit, my word he racks up some mileage doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete