Wednesday, February 28, 2024

WOYWW #769 - Photo Heavy

 Good morning, crafty friends.

If you recall from my WOYWW #767 Post, I talked about the program I'm taking called Your Path Forward... a game board strategy for getting big projects out of the way. 

Before Bob left last week, he helped me set up the two tables I needed to begin the project.

Monday, I dove in to the first actual step... sorting the gazillion stamp sets into categories.


The following photos are NOT for the faint at heart but it's why I've started this program.

I've had most of my stamps in a tub since I rearranged the filming corner 2 years ago. Since then I've also added new stamp sets that were available for a limited time through Stampin' Up!  This is where I am:
lined up in front of the sofa

on the sewing table and in 2 cubbies behind

on the step ladder
(i'd moved them from the sewing table looking for a stamp set)

After 2 hours of sorting by category, 37 photo boxes and 6 stacks later, this is where I stopped:


Alpha numeric, celebration, mixed media, mixed holidays, ocean/ water


4 stack collection top left is all Christmas. Then there's food, garden (the 2 towering stacks plus smaller one to the right, Halloween, mixed holidays

Large multi-stack of sentiments are on a table all on their own. 

Stamp set count: .....

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR GUESS IN YOUR COMMENT. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly







via GIPHY

11 comments:

  1. Great idea to sort into categories Kelly. I did the same thing when I moved into the shed. Visiting having been up to the hospital with Hubby getting additional pain relief. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah. sending comfort and blessings for relief.

      Delete
  2. That is a LOT of stamps! Reminds me of when I did that enormous task a few years ago, AND I unmounted everything! My guess is about 2000 stamps? Could be even more if you count individual stamps in each set. Have fun! Lindart #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I just counted sets. A few cases are sets of themes together of the $1 stamps I got at Michaels when I worked there. I only buy what I like and know I'll use. Will use them more now that they will be in order. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Oh my life, I'd say a gazillion!!! Hugs BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I counted mine once, a long long time ago... from the list i record them in not the actual stamps, that would have been mega.. i reckon 2,500. Happy WoyWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I couldn't begin to guess but I bet you are coming across some real gems that you'd forgotten all about. Good luck with the sorting and cataloguing.
    Hope you have a good week
    Diana xx #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actual, Diane, I knew all of them. I only buy what I know I will use. In those pictures, everything is sorted into categories. Next step, breaking them all down out of the cases for less storage consumption.

      Delete
  6. Wowzers Kelly! That's a LOT of sorting, well done you! I wonder how many of those you have used? What a sense of acheivement when you've completed it all though. I'm intrigued by the game board idea - tell me more! Have a great week. Lisa-Jane #13 www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete