Wednesday, July 11, 2018

WOYWW 475


Good morning, friends. 

Another hot day in the Ozarks is on tap for today. I really need to do some more yard work but that might have to wait... again.

My desk is the leftovers from a Christmas card I made for the SU blog yesterday. You can see it HERE if you'd like to peek. Not  my best work but limited on current Christmas until my order arrives today.  The card was for our Team Color Challenge. I need to get link up with my team leader today. Deadline is tomorrow. LOL

Also, for my mixed media friends, instead of cleaning my desk, I did a serious cleaning of my art area. You can see that post from yesterday HERE.

I have today's card to get up and will be linking up with the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. I got home too late last night to get the card made so that's next on my list. Good thing is, once I get something in my head the reality comes together pretty quick. I'll be using the Snowflake Sentiments set already on the desk. 

Speaking of challenges. This is VSN - Virtual Stamp Night weekend at Splitcoast Stampers. We start at 6 p.m. CST (?) on Friday night with 4 challenges posted - one each hour. Then we'll kick in again around 11 a.m. CST (?) on Saturday and go through til 9 p.m. with a new challenge posted each hour. We'd love to have you join us. HERE's a link to all the details. Sharon aka FoxyStamping is usually one of the challenge hosts. I'm determined to play this weekend.

That said.. if you want verification as to what a crazy woman I am, I invite you to check out THIS post on my author blog to see what I'm up to the next 8 weeks. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe what I have on my plate.  Don't let the content warning on the first page scare you. Unless you go back a couple of years, there isn't' anything risque. That is partially up there as a safeguard to parents against young people looking up 'romance' hehe. 

Okay.. done babbling. 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Kelly how do you fit everything into your busy life? Sorry I can’t join the VSN challenge, not sure I could stay awake being on the wrong time zone!
    Keep cool, it’s hard I know!
    Jan. #25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I can't think of C yet and don't envy those who have no choice. Hope the VSN goes well. Have a good week. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Kelly, not sure you could be any busier! Not doing Christmas cards yet, and L smile when you say you can’t really do any because you havent got current stamps. I’m going to say that too. I know in your case it matters, but for now, it’ll make a nice excuse for me!! I cant this weekend, but would like to try a VSN, even if it’s just the day time, so will keep my eye peeled...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, Julia.. I have to use 'current' SU stamps and I only have one set until my order arrives. For this blog, I have tons I can use. lol

      Delete
  4. Hi there, you busy gal - can't you fit in a few more things to do in your day?? ;-D lol!! I don't think I can even think of the C word when the temps are so hot, so well done you!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jan, I can't do C cards until it gets cold.. luckily I only have to do them for my own use and so they can wait several months yet! Have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness me, Kelly. Do you have more hours in the day than the rest of us??? You certainly have your work cut out to get everything done in time.
    Take care of yourself, too. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, I have always known it; you are an over-achiever! Thanks for. Isiting my blog Ina all your busy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're a busy lady. I would love to get started on C cards but not sure when that will happen Lol! Happy belated woyww and wishing you a fun and crafty week, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy kelly and I thought I was a busy Crafty bee without all the extra things life throws at me. Well done YOU!! I'm just about getting my Christmas Diary set out ready to make a start on those C Cards in September.. I have to give myself a couple of months to gather my thoughts before the mass production begins hee hee!!
    Thanks for sharing WOYWW, have a super weekend Tracey #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated WOYWW and thanks for your earlier visit. I was going to start my Christmas crafting this week, but the sunshine seems to have gone to my head and I don't feel up to it yet! The new windows/door are for our cottage, which has been rented out for a while. It is an old cottage and there had been rain getting in through the old windows, so it will be wonderful to see it dry and protected again. Ali x #21

    ReplyDelete
  11. I apologize for visiting so late. My slow internet that my provider can’t seem to help me with, along with a visit from three young people has culminated with a cough, chills, sweats, and sore throat that my friends believe is the flu. This may seem like a cop-out, but I believe in visiting everyone, or I shouldn’t be playing. I appreciate you understanding.

    Sharon is so good at hosting those card "parties." To bad I don't make traditional cards.

    I have a question about your speaking at the Conference this year. If you attend the talk, do you get the booklet, or do you pay for it, as if you weren't there? I didn't quite understand. Maybe because my head is so foggy. Happy very belated WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... sorry you're under the weather, Elizabeth. I'll leave a comment on your blog. Hugs! Kel

      Delete
  12. You are such a busy gal! Whew! I haven't even started thinking about Christmas!Thank you for your nice comments about my garden. I went for many years without one as I just didn't have the time, and now I am thankful that I can enjoy one. Have a wonderful week, Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete