Monday, May 13, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - The Art Bar

Last month I was invited to join a FB group called The Art Bar. I know the moderator, Denina, from the junk journal challenges I've been taking part in with dearjuliejulie. I've never been invited to join a group before so am looking forward to participating.

Denina offers up challenges, swaps and does live art participation groups on YouTube each week. The first swap I'm jumping in to gave me the opportunity to try Artist Trading Coins. Much like an Artist Trading Card but in the confines of a 2-1/2" circle. Do a search on Pinterest and be amazed by the creativity. There are even a few using Stampin' Up! products.

We had the option of staying within the US or swapping International. I chose the latter as the coins can't be that expensive to mail and lets me connect with people all over the world. My partner for this swap is from NSW Australia. Her coins go in the mail tomorrow morning.  Here's what I came up with:


If you saw  my post last Monday about the inspiration sticks I made for the May Mystery Mayhem Junk Journal Challenge, the colors may look familiar.  Once I'd finished painting the sticks, I used a piece of sponge to clean out each well and swipe the paint across Guest Checks. No wasting all those pretty paint colors! 

Once the Guest Checks had dried, I cut a 2-1/2" circle from each one as well as 4 coordinating circles from white cardstock for each one. I layered 4 of the white 'coins' together with glue then glued one of the Guest Check circles on top. 

The little envelopes were made from the SU Sealed With Love (Valentine retired set). The leaves were punched from scraps of the Autumn Harvest DSP using a Martha Stewart Pine Bough punch. The flowers were from my stash as were the little word slips tucked into each envelope.

I used Avery Labels to design the identifier label for the back. I hope to have that as a digital download in my Etsy shop opening soon!

These were my first. I really like how they turned out and will be making more. 

However you choose to be creative, remember.... this is what we do for FUN!
Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment