Wednesday, May 1, 2019

WOYWW #517


My desk as I left it last night around 10:30. I'm in the process of salvaging a journal I started almost 15 years ago when I taught an art journal class at Michaels. Sorry about the glare spot. I wasn't completely awake yet when I took this photo. I wanted to get linked up before I started my day.


Some pretty nasty storms rolled through the southwest portion of Missouri last night. Thankfully, we didn't get any of the high winds, tornadoes or the amount of rain those south and west of us received. They say we are in line for another round this afternoon. Keep those folks in mind, please.

I can not stress enough how important it is to have a plan in place for natural disasters. My husband sat at the dining room table last night while I prepared stuff to take to our protective corner of the basement. I hope he never has to experience an aftermath. My husband is a teddy bear at heart and doesn't like to think or plan for 'negative' things like disasters or death. While I do not dwell on negativity, I do know there are some things we can prepare for. 

On the news last night they kept talking about radar picking up debris. All I could think about was how far into the next county pieces of my office could be found in the event a tornado hit here.

So my question for you is:  Do you have a hard copy list of your studio contents somewhere safe? In the event you had to file an insurance claim, do you have something you can hand your insurance agent and know that everything you own would be replaced? Don't trust yourself to remember in the aftermath. You will be in shock and will not be able to make that list at the time. MAKE YOUR LIST NOW! Please. Be Safe... Be Prepared

Okay, commercial over. For a bit of happy, Bob and I spent 3 days in the city visiting new and favorite flea market/ thrift stores. At our usual favorite I found a steal! Angela has already seen but for the rest of you, if you're a Tim Holtz fan, you may want to check out MONDAY's post. 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Actually, that's a very valid point - I have no idea of what I really have in my craft room. It's not much compared to some but it all adds up, doesn't it? That's a thing to remember for a rainy day. And I think you may have won the award for longest running Work in Progress!! 15 years old journal, impressive :-D
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, and thank you, you've reminded me that I keep meaning to get round to taking a video of everything in my craft room. I have most of my stamps in ring binders, and I know I could not really prove what's in them, although I have a copy of all my craft stuff on my computer, i know that would not really be proof I actually own it. Just had a look at the post, WOW!!!! what a find. Amazing. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. Thank you for pointing out the craft room list - that is such a good idea as it all does add up doesn't it!. Take care Zo xx 25

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an important idea I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the reminder. I had a quick look at Mondays post and WOW! What a find! Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that if I started making an inventory of items in my craft shed it would probably take me a month or more Kelly. You are not wrong though. It is under insured as no one will allow you contents above a certain level even if alarms and extra locks are in place. Keep safe. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I have a list of my many stamps; but not all the other stuff, and yes it has crossed my mind from time to time. Stay safe. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter has all her photos on a removable hard drive which she can just grab and save in an emergency. I dare not think how much money I have invested in just my crafting kit, never mind the rest of the house. Good advice. Stay safe. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sage advice about the craft room inventory! I do have a lot of pictures saved that would help in the event of a disaster, but the list is a great idea (as embarrassing as it may be)! Great find of your Tim Holtz stamps! We have a couple of thrift stores that I visit. My family calls them my "haunts"! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm that's got me thinking as some craft products are quite expensive to replace, maybe that's my next job to do! Happy woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A light bulb just went off here! I don't think I could show all I own to hand to an agent in the case of some event. I must do better! Thanks for the reminder! Glenda #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly. Thanks for popping by- sorry I have only just seen you had been. Yes I have ordered 'Rosey' - well two actually :-) waiting for it to arrive.
    That is good advice re an inventory of craft items. I have so much and as you say I would never remember it all. Stay safe. Anne x 24

    ReplyDelete