Monday, July 27, 2020

OH MY ACHING BACK....

I don't have a mixed media post for this week... and as you probably noticed, the card chicks cards didn't get uploaded either. The heat just really zapped me. I was pretty non-functional until Thursday.

The cards will be up tomorrow. That's the next post I'm going to write.

Last Friday, I managed to drop a battery operated chain saw on my right foot plus torqued my back taking out the trash. That was the beginning of this more than a week-long aggravation.

 While the swelling has subsided in my foot and most of the lovely purple tones are gone, the back is still being a pain - literally.  So bear with me, please as being at the desk isn't the most comfortable right now.

Amongst all of this, I have garden stuff starting to come in. Over the weekend, I took (4) 2-gal bags of tomatoes out of the freezer and cooked them down to a paste. After taking Saturday completely off and living on pain meds and naps, I finally got the paste into (18) 1/4-pint jars yesterday.  

I have cherry tomatoes coming in at 2-3 qts per day I'm rotating on the dehydrater and I have at least 11 large cucumbers  needing to be made into bread and butter pickle relish. The sad thing is, these things won't keep while my back heals... they must be done.

All of that, I'm not spending a lot of time at the crafting table. I do kitchen tasks then stretch out in the chair with the heating pad and nap before getting up for another task.

I don't even feel up to crocheting on those baby afghans. 

After the card chicks post tomorrow, there won't be another post until Friday when I hope to have a flip-through of my July coffee-themed journal. Here's hoping!

Creative Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment