Wednesday, May 17, 2023

WOYWW #728

 

Good morning, friends. 

Wow! 14 consecutive years of a blog hop is pretty amazing. I've made lots of friends. I can't let this anniversary without a Thank You to the woman who brought me here - Shaz Silverwolf. Sadly, she is no longer physically joining in each week but she will always be with us in spirit. 

Friends have come and gone. We've met new deskers along the way. Some of us (cough) haven't been here every week but the weeks we are we are left to question "What took us away?" and we're always glad we found our way back. Miss Julia made a comment this morning about being a Brownie Girl Guide. I am a Lifetime member of GSUSA. Her comment had me searching for this very appropriate song for this week's post:

Okay.. 'nuff of that. Let's get on with this week, shall we?

It's been a week. I've been working hard on the studio. In fact, I finished the work table... I'll show that next week with the new set-up. I also went through the 2-drawer filing cabinet and the paint shelf. Pitched a lot of stuff I've not used since the initial put-away when I moved into the studio almost seven years ago. Time to pitch and make room for the supplies I am using. 

So here's my desk this week:


You'll see remnants of the next round of cabinet cards that will post in today's video, as well as a selection of trims on the left I've been using for the project. Tucked just underneath the cards on the right was the scrapbook layout sketch that inspired the layout. Today's card is the one on the top. There's a sheet of stickers from Japan just above the photos. That is where I cut out the bundle of letters as well as the ink/ quill from in the bottom right of today's card. Here's a close up:

I'm working on ATCs. I make them in sets of 12 and aside from mine, a couple are already spoken for. I  will have a total of 9 left to trade. If you're interested, let me know in the comment below.

Bob's friend that had the triple heart bypass is home and doing well. When Bob gets off the boat this morning he's headed there to check up on his BFF and spend a couple days with him. Kevin is used to being active and I'm pretty sure he's going stir-crazy already LOL

No new flower pictures this week. I'm so glad I planted Clematis. I absolutely love them. 

With all the rain we've had, I've not done anything about a garden this year but I did spend some time weeding in the front flower bed in hopes of getting flowers for there. They didn't make it last year. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly


14 comments:

  1. Hi kelly what a great little song (But I think it's stuck in my head now). I have an atc reserved for you but I don't have your address. Would love one of yours if you want to swap. Happy WOYWW Anniversary, love n hugs Cindy #7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 14th WOYWW!! It’s always great to see what you’re up to, you always have something different on the go. Glad your sort out is going well, I think it’s important to do every so often, it reminds you of the stash you’ve forgotten about! I can’t remember if I mentioned it but my hubby had a quad bypass 15 years ago and he’s never looked better, so Kevin will be fine!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late in the day and am only just getting around the blogs after a busy morning with little Louie and work.
    Happy 14th Anniversary.....here's to many more happy years of fun and friendship.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Kelly, how heartwarming is that song..I love the end bits where all the faces are on screen as they sing in the round.. a lovely and simple way of talking about our friendships! Can’t tell you how :struck I was that yourepitching the stuff you haven’t used for seven years…I mean, what sensible policy is this!! Great good news about Bobs friend, I expect the healing will be the hard part, we are an impatient bunch when we start to feel better, us humans! Great for Bob to be able to visit too, will of course be great company for BFF, but also reassuring for Bob to see him.
    I bought a purple clematis this very afternoon, to plant at the foot of a bush that only displays leaves at the top of its 4ft woody stems, am hoping the two will get along and embrace each other! If it works, I will photo. Like you, I lost quite a few plants over autumn and winter, that wer meant to be perennial but I guess it was just too cold at some points…although I’m not a natural gardener, so it could be that I laced them wrong or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly and happy WOYWW anniversary - what a great song you found! Glad to hear that Bob's friend is doing well. Love the projects you've got on the go. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly, what a lovely song and so appropriate too. Sounds like you've been having a busy week and wishing you a very happy woyww Anniversary. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 14th Kelly 🥳⭐️💕 I'm smiling as I type listening to the song ... beautiful it is ⭐️ its so good to hear that Bob's friend is doing well, long may it continue 🙏 Such a joy to see what you've been creating 😍 I would love to swap for one of your ATC's if you have enough please. I'll send an email just incase 😊 Sending much love and hugs Tracy #11 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great song Kelly - so apt for this group. Good to hear Bob's friend is doing better. Great collages cards. Happy 14th WOYWW Anniversary. Stay safe. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun song you started with. I especially enjoyed the ending. I was a Brownie, then a Girl Scout myself.

    Those cabinet cards are amazing. The last time I bought one, they were so pricey I could only get one. I have been MIA so long, I have no idea who Bob is, but I hope his friend is doing better. Happy 14th Anniversary from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the layers in your card and that you used a scrapbook template. Super job. Happy Anniversary Hugs BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely song - I loved the ending! Loving the cabinet cards! I'm sure Bob's friend will enjoy his company. Happy 14th WOYWW, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 14th Anniversary...You are my next person in line - so please send me your address so I can send your ATC.
    Susan #21 susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly. I've not been on for a while, but been coming off and on for several years. I too have been having a big sort out, following having to move everything for decorating. Take care Anne x 20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kelly, I thin kI am your person in front! Happy 14th! I'll see if I can find your email and send you my address. Robyn 1

    ReplyDelete