Wednesday, May 10, 2023

WOYWWW #727 - A Bit Behind and A Few Pictures

 Good morning, Crafty friends!

For those of you across the pond, I thoroughly enjoyed the Coronation of King Charles & Queen Camilla. I loved the mix of tradition and contemporary. There is a lot to be said for tradition. 

I do apologize for not getting round last week. That is usually my Sunday routine but since I didn't do anything but sit on the sofa in front of the television Saturday, I had to take a make up day. LOL I'll do better this week.

Let's start with my desk:


Leftovers from filming my Week 2 Challenge of the #KCDMayJJ23 series. Since the first Saturday of the month was National Scrapbooking Day, I am doing my take on Cabinet Cards and turning them in to 5x7 scrapbook layouts. I can attest to the fact that size doesn't matter in this case. Whether I'm doing a 12x12 or a 5x7, they take about the same amount of time. 
Here's a close-up of the card I did in this week's video:


I used digitals from an etsy shop - Weathered Textures and was inspired by THIS layout on Pinterest. I'm uploading the video for this as I type so if you want to see that, check out my YouTube channel later this afternoon. 

I'm dying papers this morning. I started with this:


This is the second round of soak for this ink cartridge. I've dyed papers with it once then dropped the cartridge back into water and it's been soaking since April 24th.

This is the color I'm starting out with this morning:


Finally, I think Spring has finally arrived. We've been getting rain over night giving us lovely cool temperatures in the mornings. I really need to be out in the garden. With the arrival of spring, I have flower pictures: 




I've always wanted Clematis and i have three beautiful flowering plants in my yard. The first one is Little Duckling. I need to look up the names of the other two.

 That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly












9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting you Kelly, you always have something interesting going on. The Clematis are gorgeous colours. I have one but it's not as bright as yours. The garden centre down the road from us is famous for their Clematis and they have developed plants that are able to flower Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Richard Pennell first opened the garden centre in 1799 and by the early 1900s they had 48 large flowering Clematis hybrids and 29 species of Clematis. It is still owned by the same family. Better go now and wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely florals in the garden Kelly. Coronations don't come round often so I think many of us spent a day glued to the TV at the weekend lol. Look forward to seeing the results of those ink cartridge dyes. Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. your clematis look stunning, they aren't out here yet that I've seen. glad you enjoyed the Coronation, I barely moved from the tv either! Have a creative week. helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you enjoyed the Coronation, I agree, some lovely contemporary touches; I especially enjoyed the appearance of girls in the choir, and women in the service, much better representation! I’m a bit relieved that the smaller pages take as much time as a 12x12..I’ve done a couple smaller albums as gifts and find the same - I find that embellishments are too big, so then get sidetracked making my own and that really sets off some other time line!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also watched from the beginning at PBS, not from just the coronation, which the cable and network shows featured. It was a LOT of pomp and circumstance, but it was fun to watch.

    I enjoyed your take on cabinet cards. I really enjoyed these. LOVE the flowers. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Clematis, always welcoming Spring.
    Love the colour of that paper . . . . I'm into teabags at the moment, discovered the colours of flavoured tea . . .
    Have a good week
    Christine #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely floral pics!
    The ink cartridge idea is one I might try...
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

    ReplyDelete