Monday, January 29, 2024

MAKE IT- MAIL IT MONDAY! Plus Bonus items!

 Hi everyone!

I finally got to spend all day yesterday creating! Felt good to play with stuff again.

I took part in the TEA CHALLENGE in the Spectrum Art Creations FB group. Did you know, January is National Tea Month?  

I chose mostly items from Stamperia to work with, predominately from their Alice line.

I rice paper sheet with four teapots from the Alice collection started it all... so I made 4 different items. Each piece enters me into a drawing for a $5 GC from the Spectrum Art Creations on-line store.

We were required to use a minimum of three items on each piece we made.

Since this is Make It - Mail It Monday, let's start with the card I made for a friend:


I used a Merry Merlot card base with a Very Vanilla mat (Stampin' Up!) then used one of the rice paper panels on top of the mat.  Aside from the rice paper, I used chip board elements from the Stamperia Alice collection and Stamperia lace.

Next item:

I've been making items during challenges and tucking them away for a future Alice journal.
This one used all Stamperia items (background paper, rice image, chipboard elements( plus I added a metal spoon I'd purchased from Spectrum Art Creations (SACs for short). The lace and ribbon were from my stash.

Next item:

I'll try to incorporate at least one memory dex card from each themed challenge, or at least one per month.
Thie background paper on here was from Ciao Bella. The rice paper and chip board items were Stamperia and the brown braid trim from the SACs on-line store. You will find the trim HERE in a wife variety of colors. I have most of them LOL

Next item:
For my final tag, I knew I wanted to incorporate a shaker element:


I used Stamperia paper for the background and the front rim of the shaker. I used trim and the metal spoon from Spectrum Art Creations. For the shaker part, I used snowball micro beads from Stampin' Up!  Guess you could say I made Bubble Tea ;-)

There's one more item not part of the Tea Challenge, but separate.

Madison owns Spectrum Art Creations. She is on the autism spectrum. Such a delight, very talented and smart. Wow, what a memory that girl has. Every once in awhile she will drop something in our shipping box for a 'Madison Challenge'. This time she gave us circles. I think there were five in the baggie.

At first I thought about a mixed media piece but then I remembered my craft Christmas tree. Most of the ornaments are from the Christmas Notebook ornament swap going back twenty years. I decided I wanted an ornament from Madison. She is sending me a copy of her handwriting. I will shrink tht and add it to one of the leaves of the ornament. Madison will always have a place of honor on my crafting tree.


That's it for me today. My left eye is giving me issues. May have gotten some cat dander in it. 
I'll be back Wednesday for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday and show off my new cat.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly








No comments:

Post a Comment