Tuesday, January 23, 2024

TUESDAY - Getting Back on Track

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Okay, I know that's not the brightest title I've ever used, but it's true. I'm finally seeing myself back into a routine. 

I've discovered as I get older, that cold, gloomy days are not conducive to me accomplishing much. I even went back to bed for an hour yesterday morning before I attempted to accomplish anything. Something, that with the exception of a few minor household tasks, I failed miserably.

The studio is back to the UGLY stage again. No, I'm not going to show a picture. I'm still trying to figure out how I went from my beautiful empty sofa for Halloween to the UGLY chaos again.  But I'll get there.

This week is all about putting things away that are in front of me. I'm using Sarra Cannon's HB90 system to do two things. 


1 - Set tasks that will move me towards the goal of having a workable space again

2 - Use the Pomodoro timer method to work on each task. 

The Pomodoro method is doing things in 25-minute increments. Take a 5-minute break then dive back in for another 25. You can do this as many times as you want and they can be done on and off throughout the day. If you only have 25 minutes to work on something, so you only get that 1 task done. That's still progress.

That's my plan for today.  Seeing how many of those 25-minute sprints I can get done until there is less chaos.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you progress for WOYWW

Creative Blessings!

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment