Thursday, March 21, 2019

CARD CHICKS - March

Our hostess this month was Roxie. She and I share a love for the Tea Together stamp set from the Stampin' UP! Spring Occasions catalog. She included embellishments and papers from the Share What You Love suite (Stampin' UP! All Occasions catalog) The items were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used Stampin' Blends to color the images. On the one, you'll see gold edging. That was done with a Recollections perma marker. 

I put together two cards from the kit. This first one will go to a lady in WV who just celebrated her 106th birthday! The other is winging it's way to a dear friend who enjoys a good cup of tea as much as Roxie and I do. Roxie included a tea bag in the packet so I am going to do the same.

Here are my cards:

For this first one, I used the thread from the Share What You Love Embellishments Kit. I stamped the flower on the tea cup and used a die to cut out the pre-stamped tag. Roxie included the Night of Navy Mat. I used a Crushed Curry card base.


 For the inside, I did a 4th generation stamp of the lace from Southern Serenade with Calypso Coral then topped with the sentiment from that set in Memento Black.


Here is my second card:


I tore a strip from the patterned paper in the kit and used the Layering Ovals framelits set to cut out the sentiment then a scallop mat from Old Olive.

I look forward to seeing what our April packet includes. Hard to believe we are less than two weeks away from having the new kit in my hands!

Creative Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment