Tuesday, March 26, 2019

TEAPOT TUESDAY - Watching Over You

This card went in the mail to a sweet lady and her husband in AZ. Sandy broke both of her feet. Her dear husband, Dave, has taken a leave of absence to care for her. What a sweetie.

I haven't used this stamp set before but when the critieria called for horses and that they were artistic people, I knew this was the set I wanted.  It's called Country-Born from the Seasons & Nature collection by Close To My Heart during their 30 Years celebration.  The stamp set has since been retired.


For the artistic aspect I attempted some sponging. Daubers are not the way to go for larger areas. I used Pool Party and So Saffron for the sky. Then I punched out a scallop circle and went inside of that with more So Saffron and Daffodil Delight. The ground is sponged with Garden Green. I stamped the horses and the tree in Early Espresso then went back over the grass and foliage area with Garden Green. This was all done on Whisper White then mounted on a Mossy Meadow card base.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the images and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie. I loved playing with that set I bought from Brenda ages ago!

      Delete