Tuesday, March 19, 2019

TEAPOT TUESDAY - Easel & Scene

I'm a couple of weeks behind in the teapotting but as soon as I heard the challenge specifics for Tonda's card, I knew I wanted to do the garden scene image. I don't know who makes the stamp. I've had this one for years and all the identification on it is a K-2182 and that it's from a company in CA but made in China.

Here's the stamp:

I've always loved playing with this stamp. Here is the image stamped in Memento:


I left a wide border around the image while I colored everything in using my Stampin' Blends. I actually stamped the lower half of the image a second time so that I could fussy cut out the watering can and the terra cotta pots.  All products except for the main stamp is from Stampin' UP!

Here's the finished card:


I ran the front half of a Balmy Blue card base  through the Pinewood Planks  Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder.

I used a piece of Smokey Slate (4" x 5-1/4") and ran that through the Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions embossing folder.  This was the closest I had to a stone pattern.

After coloring the scene, I trimmed it down to the edge and mounted on a piece of Crumb Cake (3-1/2" x 4-1/4")

The cat and the potted plant are from 'Sitting Here'. The welcome mat is from 'At Home With You'

I colored the second copy of the watering can, the flower pots as well as stamped the cat, the welcome mat. I used the die to cut out the welcome mat once as well as three other pieces in plain white. I glued each of the mat layers together to give them a 'chipboard' dimension. This way I didn't have to use dimensionals on the mat... the 4-layers of cardstock created enough of a lip for the easel card.  The four other fussy cut images are layered with Mini Dimensionals.

I hope this card cheers Tonda up. If you'd like to know why cards went to her, you can see her story HERE.

Anyone is welcome to join us for the tea parties. You don't have to send cards, but the challenges really get you thinking. Besides, who doesn't want to receive Happy Mail? 

Know of someone who could use a bit of cheer? Go HERE and you can request a card shower :-)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Sorry I've not emailed in awhile. been busy. Hope you're well!

      Delete