Wednesday, March 20, 2019

WOYWW #511


Just so Jan knows she's come to the right desk.... :-D

I have put things back.. eliminated a couple of things from the original layout to make room for others. 

Don't mind the sofa beyond the desk. Still need to clear that off... and the floor. LOL

From left to right, you can just see my card base box, embossing folders and that little book holder Bob made me for holding the embellishment boxes, bling and sketch files.

In the middle... a piercing mat, triple corner punch, retired SU Christmas catalogs to pull images from for tape transfers, a Card Chicks kit to get done today and the new Paper Pumpkin. Also, card sketches for the Quilted Christmas die set. Needing to get some done for the quilt shop hop coming up first weekend in April... and the pretty envelope the card chicks kit came in.

I promised pics of my new die storage. First, this is what I was using:


These worked great but once they were full, they were bulky and when I opened one up, the whole thing wanted to flop.. and they were heavy. You can see my blog post about this storage HERE

Then I saw THIS video by Ann on Youtube and knew this was the answer. I'm a FLIPPER so this was the solution best for me.  Here  are side and front views:



I used SU cardstock and a Sizzix tab die to create file tabs. All the current SU are up front then by season or theme from there. The container is an old tupperware keeper the lid gave out on years ago.

Finally, I heard from Kelli.  She WON the blog challenge! Here's what she shared:

Oh gosh, I have been running ragged and forgot to update - I did win! By just 2! Barb came in 2nd.. SO CLOSE ,,, with 89 new followers, and I had 91. It was outrageous! Nerve wracking!

The prize was a gift card to Amazon but it was never for me. The Scout leader just told me Friday that they have narrowed down the wishlist to mess kits and cooking utensils, items for the Scout trailer! All thanks to a little click of a button from dear friends like you! I can't even begin to express my gratitude - just to be a follower but by doing that, it helped someone else ♥ (I'm assuming the 'boss' is hoping it draws traffic to her store - sales) but to me, it means THE WORLD ......

It was a pay it forward and the accomplishment benefitting so many little guys doing a great thing out there - scouting!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For real 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly








10 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me visit! I love your die storage and may have to begin using it as well. Happy WOYWW!
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great die storage, brilliant idea. Wishing you a happy week and a lovely woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great storage ideas. have a great week. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the orgnaised dies - the way you have done it looks fab, and I like your busy looking desk. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to work out some storage for my new dies. However, as I am getting rid of most of my older Tattered Lace and similar dies, I should be able to reuse that storage. It is always interesting to see how others store their stash. Thank you for sharing. xxx Maggie #19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how lovely that the scouts got their equipment - that's just brilliant! Isn't it funny how storing something the way that's just right makes all the difference in the world. I hope you can find things really quickly and easily from now on!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant that Kelli won, so glad the Scouts got new equipment as a result. The die storage looks practical for sitting on your desk and being able to find things in a hurry Kelly. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, great to hear she won, and how marvellous the Scouts are going to benefit! Love the storage, my die storage is pretty similar. I have the Avery Elle pockets, and the dies on magnetic sheets in a Really Useful Box, and A4 one. Like you I found I was a flipper, lol. I tried folders to start with, but they got too unwieldy after a while. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly you were a darling to let Kelli go her own way with the Amazon card, and it truly is a great PIF, so all’s good. Totally get it about the folders...I have recently put patterned paper scraps in a concertina folde and whoa! They want to fall out and ping everywhere as soon as I loosen the corralling flap. Thing is, I need them to be transportable so will stick with it for now...but for dies, I totally see the benefit to being a flipper....now I’m thinking on....I think I might like to borrow Bob too, I’m sure he could use a erm, working holiday in the windy and a bit wet uK?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great way of storing, I love to be able to flip through and see where things are rather than piling stuff. If I had more space I think i'd store everything in this way. Have fun flipping through it all.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete