Friday, March 22, 2019

FRIDAY FREEBIE - Meet Zoey

By now you all know I am a magnet for animals... especially dogs. Well, a couple of weeks ago we were blessed to have a visit from this sweet girl:


This is the face that met me on the porch

We found out a couple of days after she'd been here that her name was Zoey. Bob posted her on FB and the owner's mom contacted us. Apparently, she had gotten loose (or he'd turned her loose). She was in heat, which might have explained her adventure. We also found out that she was 'supposedly' 1/2 pit bull, 1/4 Neo Mastiff and 1/4 Australian Shepherd.  Yeah, I'm not seeing it. I'll explain in a minute where we went from there.


This shot gives you an idea of her size.
She is just beautiful!

And of course, she showed up in the yard the day Bob was coming home LOL. Talk about timing.

The lady attempted to get a hold of her son but he wouldn't return her messages nor contact us. So she told us it was up to us what to do with her.



We REALLLLLY wanted to keep her. She and HoneyB got along well and would play together... until she would overtake him and stand over top of him. He'd growl, she'd growl then the fight was on.

Then there was the whole lap dog thing!


Just like HoneyB did when he arrived, as soon as I sat in my chair Zoey was in my lap. That was okay.. until we brought HoneyB in. He got in my lap first and Zoey tried to talk him down. Near dog fight in my lap!  We decided then as much as we'd love to keep her, we just couldn't. HoneyB was here first.

Bob contacted a halfway house in Birch Tree for strays. Kim put us in touch with a gal willing to foster Zoey until they could find a home for her... she is actually Wienerimer.  She is smart. Apparently, she broke her back left leg as a puppy and the guy never had it taken care of. She can't sit square on her butt, but leans on her right hip when she sits. Other than that, you'd never know there's anything wrong with her. She can run like a greyhound and jump like you would not believe!

Bob said when I was in the back yard, he was in the front with her and she heard my voice. She went running down the yard and SCALED a truck bed liner we'd been using for firewood. Never touched the liner as she landed on the bank on the other side. 

Zoey was here for a week. Sending her away about broke my heart but I knew we just could not keep her. I hope the people can find her a loving home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment