Monday, July 1, 2024

MAKE IT MAIL IT MONDAY

 Good morning, crafty friends.

I'm a little late this morning as I had to create the cards first. I spent the past three days at an on-line writing conference. So much information to absorb. I'll be rewatching many of the presentations.

The envelope I chose today came from Joyce. I can't tell you how long the kit was mailed as apparently, I tore off the postage stamp for a journal. LOL Go figure!

I also failed to take a picture of the kit but in the cards you'll see a southwestern theme with patterned paper that appears to be straw bales and a lime green micro dot print,. Then she provided us with some stamped sentiments and the longhorn skull. She also included some cute cactus washi that I've trimmed the inside with and have just enough to add to the envelopes when I mail. 

In both cards, I tore the straw patterned paper for a bit more rugged texture.

Card 1:


For this one, I incorporated all of the pieces from the kit and mounted on Cinnamon card stock. I used a 1.25" scallop punch and a 1" circle punch for the sentiment. The words were all stamped rather close together so small circles it is!  I colored the feather in L. Gray Granite and used L. Pineapple Punch for the flower.  The skull was adhered with dimensionals.

Card 2:

Since I used all of the micro dot on Card 1, I chose to go directly to a Bermuda Bay base. The sentiment is matted on Crushed Curry. 

That's it for me today.
We have a beautiful day in the Ozarks with temps only in the upper 70s before heat returns. I'm spending most of the day outside getting the tomato plants mulched, the soaking tank set up and maybe some brush burning. 

I'll see you tomorrow with a Tag Tuesday video link up.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment