Wednesday, July 10, 2024

WOYWW 788

Good morning, friends.


Joe Bonsall
May 18, 1948 - July 9,2024

If you have enjoyed country music over the years and listened to the Oak Ridge Boys then you'll understand why my heart is heavy this morning. Joe Bonsall, tenor for the Oaks, passed away yesterday after a battle with ALS. He was 76 and was touring up until last year. I had the pleasure of connecting with Joe a few years ago. What a guy! We also shared a love of cats. Many of us will continue #Caturday on twitter--the social media he was most comfortable in. I'll be reviewing his latest (and last) book later this year. 

I do apologize for not getting 'round last week. The days just slip away, it seems. I'll try to do better this week but probably not until Sunday as I have a 3-day writing conference this week.

But here it is Wednesday and here's my desk:


I know this looks staged and it kind of is. I laid stuff out last night to film a video. 
I created my own 2x2 post it notes in Avery labels so I'd have them for my kanban board. So tired of not being able to find red in anything smaller than the 3x3.

In Avery labels I was able to create 2x2 squares in the colors I wanted (though I'd have liked a darker purple rather than lavender). I could also put a transparent image in the middle and give each one a header. So easy to personalize whatever you need with their multitude of templates and graphics. 

They only drawback is they won't be sticky (unless I wanted to do a light coat of rubber cement on each one) but as I need them I'll use the removeable tape runner to attach to the board. 

If you've never been to Avery labels, go snoop. That's my rabbit hole invitation for this week.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Sarah and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to
Sarah’s Craft Shed for all the details. Miss Sarah has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly





8 comments:

  1. I have never come across the Oaks Kelly. I will have to find some of their music online. Great idea for your own post its. Quick comments on my phone before Awards Evening. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of the Oaks Ridge Boys either also a little curious as to what a kanban board is, fortunately not enticed to rabbit hole, got lots backing up on my desk as it is and don't really have the incentive for that! Hugs BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not big into country music but sorry to hear about Joe's passing. Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, I don't know the Oak Ridge Boys but Joe has a lovely face. Country music has it's followers here in the UK but not as much as where you are. Good to see what you're up to and hope to see how you use the labels. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the Oak Ridge Boys either but I'm in Scotland where country music isn't as well followed as in the US. So sad for you though at the loss of Joe. He does sound like a very interesting man. Good job with the labels. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a lot of Country music - Garth Brooks particularly. Kenny Rogers was always a favourite. We tend to have Northern Soul on mostly, as it is my husband’s favourite music. I am quite eclectic with my music, I like Michael Buble and worship music too. My sympathies at the loss of someone you liked. Great idea to make your own post it notes. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued about the Kanban board but I daren't Google it because I can't afford any more rabbit holes this week! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #11, www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting read this week... All new to me! Happy WOYWW. Susan #8

    ReplyDelete