Wednesday, March 3, 2021

WOYWW # 613

Good morning, crafty friends!

I know I've missed a couple of weeks. Bob was home four weeks last trip. If I don't feel I have the time to visit folks, I don't post.  I can say that I'm not sure if my office is better or worse. Maybe a bit of both.

Here's my desk for this week:


This is my filming table. LOL Yeah.. so not going to happen right now.
My ever-present fan, stamps and items left from the February 6x6 challenge, lots of various ink pads, the Christmas ornament in progress from the February Reindeer Club video, a library card stamp, my Stampin' Up! clear block case (I had it open to use a block late last night), my utility bag (lazy susan style that barely has room to spin clearly) and a clip lamp.

I just got in a new rolling cart yesterday. I have one that I was putting adhesives/ stamp cleaner type items on the top rack and my most used punches on the bottom. I'm pulling everything off the top rack, moving most used punches to that space ( holiday punches will move from the end of the big work table to the second rack) Then the new cart will be all about the stuff I use frequently when filming with all the adhesives going on the top shelf.  

Hopefully, I can work on that project later this week.

I'm back to working on Book 2 in my series as well as doing a 'quick' turn around on a friend's manuscript that is long over-due to her publisher. The fun part is I get the first read of a new book before everyone else :-D  

With that, I'm off to get started. Beautiful day in the Ozarks so the last of the Christmas comes down. The bathroom is all snowmen so I leave that up until I take down the Christmas in the kitchen/ laundry room - which is gingerbread and HEARTS... so they always stay up until after Valentine's Day. Trouble with that time-line is I have to wait for warm weather to make treks out to the warehouse to pack stuff away.  Today with upper 60s* F is that day.

 That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly


 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly. So good to see you today. I actually scrolled back the other day to see how long it was since I had seen you here - 'cos I thought I would email you to see if you were ok ... then realized it was me who had been missing on the weeks you were there!!!
    Temperature in the upper 60's!!! I think it may reach 40F here today. It is so cold compared to the temperatures we have had over the past week - when we all thought Spring had arrived. A somewhat curtailed walk today!
    Hope you get all your sorting done so you can get back to your book and your friend's book
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s good to see you back on the desks Kelly, hope you had a good time with your hubby while he was home! Your desk is magnificently messy today - in fact it is Magniflorious!! That was the word of choice for my boys when they were little if something was absolutely the best it could be :-D
    Keep safe and well,
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you - loving your busy desk - I hope you got your rooms put back to rights! take care and stay safe. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, great to see you. It's understandable that you want to spend as much time as you can with hubby while he's at home and we'll still be here when he's off on his next trip. Those rolling carts are such a god send. Wishing you a very creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back Kelly but glad you had plenty of time with Bob this time. The new trolley sounds like it will make life easier. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lazy Susan tote - what a great idea! Mine doesn't spin but it opens out so I can get to all of it. Or create a barrier!! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly! An interesting read today! I do hope you manage to get your sorting done!just catching up with the posts I didn't see the other day.
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, I'm the same, if I don't think I'll find time to get round I don't post, but I'm actually getting into a groove of catching up through the week - you don't have to get it all done on Wednesday do you? Your desk looks very busy but I have to agree I doubt you will be doing any filming on there just now! Hope you get all your decorations sorted, I have to be honest I've only just got round to some of the peripheral stuff like dishes and cushions and sweet bowls and stuff that isn't exactly Christmas but only comes out then. I think the imperative to get it put away is missing this year with the total lack of visitors!! Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #18 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were able to spend some quality time with your hubby, Kelly - we can forgive your absence for such a good cause! Your desk looks busy and I hope you enjoy your new cart, and the extra storage and organisation it provides. I've got that Stampin' Up clear block set in the lovely case. It was expensive, but really worth it. My old blocks were really thin, and I was very likely to drop them and get ink all over where it shouldn't be - I'm a hopeless stamper at the best of times - and I love how the SU ones are so lovely and thick with a groove for your fingers so you don't drop them. I love anything in a cool case too! funnily enough, I also have a bag-style organiser like yours, and it lives on my revolving circle cutter which I could never get to work properly - but it acts as a brilliant lazy Susan. Like you, it barely has room to revolve, though.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #21

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly, always nice getting new storage, although it doesn’t always help me get organised! Hope you are having a great weekend. Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely busy desk, and great too that hubby's home and you've had plenty of time. My hubby's been out in his workshop most of all the lockdowns fixing his ded's old motor bike...and it was an old heap of rusty bits but looking good now! Stay safe, keep crafting! Happy very late WOYWW?! (((Lyn)#16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly, thank you for your return visit, and it's lovely that you enjoyed the kitties so much! They are so sweet together and keep us amused every day with their antics. I'm really glad that you are enjoying my nutrition bits too. I think it's so important to get the information out - I've learnt so much in the past few years and it makes me very angry that political and financial vested interests keep information about good health from the people - there is so much needless suffering. My hubby's family have all suffered and died needlessly as a result of a lifetime of bad eating - so tragic, and so avoidable.

    Hope to see you tomorrow!
    Shoshi x

    ReplyDelete