Wednesday, March 31, 2021

WOYWW #617 - Multiple desks and a video

 Good  morning, crafty friends!

Starting my first full work-day without Bob. 

Last week I mentioned we were getting a new sofa. Here is a picture with two of my models:


When we had the two recliners, we had Honey's kennel between them. Since we've moved it to the end of the sofa he has to be almost shoved into it. We don't know if it's because the heat register is there or what. We've since put a board on that far side hoping to give him a more secure feeling. We may have to move the kennel entirely. He's only in it at night and during the day in the winter if we need to be gone for a long shopping trip and is too cold for him to be in his outside run. Trial and error for sure. He loves the sofa - we all do... but the placement of the kennel - not at all.

First off, here is my desk from the hotel:


I had a very productive 4 days. They gave me a suite so I had lots of room to spread out. What you do not see are the sofa and hassocks behind me where my notebooks/ writing planner are spread out or the bed with the gazillion index/ scene cards in order of appearance in the story. I got a lot done, have the story in my head and am ready for Camp Nano to begin tomorrow. 

Then there's my desk for this morning:


Cards I need to add notes to then pop into envelopes and get them ready for the mail. The Paper Pumpkin kit is the one I need to break down today and film the video for. Bob left yesterday morning and about an hour after he left I pinched a nerve in my hip. Spent the entire day on the new sofa with all three fur-babies. So, today is make-up day for sure.

As to the card parts I had on my desk last week... if you want to see how they turned out, there's a short 8 min. video below. 


That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

I'm off to be busy.  Since I will be at the hotel this weekend, I'll have time to check in with everyone. I'm looking forward to the inspiration I always get from my crafty friends!

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly








12 comments:

  1. Think I have lost the plot, does back to work mean in a hotel?
    Anyway, nice to have a change about. Lovely cards BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got lots done; keep it up. Helen #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the fact you went into a hotel suite in order to concentrate on your writing, that’s so Hemingway...just don’t overdo the mojitos, lol! That’s a great shot of Bob and the sofa, hope it’s comfy - animals don’t like change do they? I think they’re worse than humans in that respect!
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely. I am glad the hotel stay was beneficial. Happy WOYWW and Happy Easter Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly. Looks like you got plenty done and Bob looks as though he's having a good time too. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the writing retreat was so productive Kelly. Sorry to hear about your hip - hope you managed to make up for lost time. Stay safe and happy WOYWW> Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad the solo writing retreat was helpful. I look forward to seeing how your Nano progresses. I'm not ready to take on anything at the moment but I'm definitely planning it for November, I think even July is too soon for me right now. Stay safe and keeping smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh Kelly a pinched nerve in your hip? a sounds horrible, I hope it’s in-pinched or at least not inflamed and sore by now. Ouch. Must say, the new couch looks lovely, certainly the models make it look really comfy! Poor Honey, coping with a lot of change at the moment, he probably just needs time. He doesn’t look too vexed by not sleeping in his crate! Glad the retreat was a good tool, it must be quite exciting getting to the stage of ‘ready’.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to use your 'retreat' to get organised - hope it continues to go well. Great sofa, I'm sure Honey will come round to the furniture e-arrangements in time. Happy Easster, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy #23

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got lots done in the hotel.
    Sorry I am late visiting.
    Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
    Susan #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards you made, Kelly. I'm glad you had room to spread yourself out a bit in the hotel. I smiled at the pic of the new sofa being used - so reminiscent of our new furniture, with my hubby usually asleep in it, adorned with at least one kitty! They certainly know their comfort zones don't they.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #20

    ReplyDelete