Wednesday, March 10, 2021

WOYWW #614

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Before I forget again, Angela (craftingwithjack) I replied to your comment from last Wednesday if you haven't seen it)

It's that time of the week again. Today is double indemnity for me. I get to show you my current 'desk' then begin the flight of the bumblebee to make the house presentable before Bob gets home this afternoon. 

I didn't accomplish anything I wanted last week. I finished the book edits for June late Wednesday. I followed that up the rest of the week with a tummy bug. By then I was in the throws of projects with deadlines. Now it's time for Bob to be home for three weeks and not a lot will get accomplished except what must be done...and so goes my circle. 

I worked on my Christmas cards for the #10onthe10th collab last night while watching Madi on SpectrumArt live. (she was altering playing cards with distress oxides/ stamps/ stencils/ crayons)

These Christmas cards were from the October 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit - Winter woods. Here's the video link . You can check out my YouTube channel to see the 3/10/21 video.


The cards are just to the left by the keyboard. straight to the back of them, you'll see the kit box with an unmade card that I can put together on video this morning. To the right, you can just see the corner of the instruction sheet plus my workday essentials. What looks like a plastic drinking cup is actually a snack cup from nutter butters. I've spray painted three of these to match my office so that I have a small place on my workspace for small trash items like the paper backs from dimensionals, bits of string/ ribbon/ etc that get clipped away when I'm working. 


That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly






11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had a tummy bug, Kelly, and I hope you are feeing better now. It must be strange having a hubby away part of the time, and then home for several weeks - hard to establish a routine I should think, but lovely to have him uninterrupted for a period! Well done with the cards.

    Thank you for your visit. Glad you liked the juicer! I am very thrilled with it. Also the animals video - I agree, stuffed with feel-good factor and an excellent way to start one's day! I have watched it again and again. How can anyone say animals don't have souls? These gorgeous little fur/feather/scale babies showed real love, didn't they!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you've been poorly, hope when Bob gets home you are fighting fit! have a good week Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you’re fully over the bug now, it’s horrid when you get those. Especially when it puts a spoke in your crafting wheel and disrupts all those jobs you had planned. Hope the edits all went ok, I think you’re very brave writing novels and creating videos for your YouTube channel, I’m not brave enough.
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better, I'm sure Bob coming home will help! The cards look gorgeous! I want a close up! You seem to be able to fill up your time when Bob is not home quite well! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's horrid when something like a tummy bug stops us in our tracks I hope you are feeling batter now in time for Bob's return? I also hope you can continue to do a little of what you love during that time, how exciting your channel sounds. Like Jan i'm not brave enough either.
    Take care & Happy WoywW Tracey #15 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you are feeling fully fit again soon Kelly and that you manage to hit the deadlines while being able to enjoy Bob's company. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better now!
    I like the idea of the mini trash cans!
    Stay safe and keep well.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling better and that you got it out of the way before Himself comes home. Having a little bin on the desk is a great idea - aren't those adhesive square backs just the most annoying things?! As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, I'm late this week as I had to sort some stuff out yesterday ready for my mum coming home. Oh no! a tummy bug still at least you're over it before Bob gets back which I am guessing he will be home by now. Happy creative, belated WOYWW, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly, thank you for the reply. I sidetracked straight away to find the videos and actually watched one about using paper napkins. I love using paper napkins, but what I noticed is that Julie doesn’t put a layer of glue on top. When I saw someone using paper napkins in the beginning she put a layer of glue on top and so I have always done it that way. I was going through my napkins today wondering if I should try and sell some (so I can buy more of course!). Whenever we go anywhere I look out for nice napkins. Poor you having a tummy bug, it does tend to leave you feeling drained. Have a great week Angela #21

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh Kelly, sorry you’ve been poorly, not great when you’re on your own...although the other side of the coin is of course that you don’t want to be ill when Bob is home either! Love your description of the flight of the bumble bee...this lockdown has me thinking that I have so long to get stuff done that I’m moving like a sloth! Well done with sticking to the 10s on the tenth, I have to catch up with the video yet.

    ReplyDelete