Wednesday, March 24, 2021

WOYWW #616

 Good morning crafty friends!

This is a busy day in the Henkins household. I'm trying to put some stuff away in the office so I can bring my sewing cabinet back in. After that we'll need to get the living room cleared out and the recliners moved out to the warehouse to make room for our new sofa!  I'm so ready for a comfortable piece of furniture.

I also have a paper pad to break down and turn in to  something(s) for my Smash That Paper Pad Collab video that is due tomorrow morning. You'll see from the photo that I've paired up my paperes,, their coordinating cardstock colors and card sketches. 

Finally, I'll need to finish packing. I leave tomorrow to hide in a hotel for a four-day private writing retreat to see if I can finally get a handle on Book 2. Camp Nano begins on April 1st (no fooling!) and my plan is to compelete the first draft within that month. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

I'm off to be busy.  Since I will be at the hotel this weekend, I'll have time to check in with everyone. I'm looking forward to the inspiration I always get from my crafty friends!

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly


14 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your retreat - book no 2, wow, that’s a proper achievement. I don’t know if you’ve visited Lynne Crafts desk, she’s doing a lot of creative writing and courses too and is writing a novel. You’re in good company! Hope your new sofa is comfy :-D
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your retreat - and your new sofa!! Sounds like you are very busy. Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindy #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly. Oooo - I hope you enjoy that crafting with those lovely coloured papers. Have a great time at the hotel - how wonderful - a time to write, be pampered... enjoy!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy the hideaway and happy writing! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. How busy are you Kelly, new furniture and then a hide away retreat, it all sounds fabulous. Enjoy!! Happy WoywW Tracey #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! sounds like a busy week for you Kelly, enjoy the retreat. Take care my friend and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm determined to do NANO in November this year after failing a week after starting or not starting at all! I hope you get the creative juices flowing on your retreat. How lovely to be able to sequester that focussed time. My retreat this weekend has had to go on-line but it's still good to block out the time. Spring blessings, Lisa-Jane #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the retreat gets your writing juices flowing Kelly. Good luck with the paper pad challenge and finishing all the tidying and furniture moving. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Kelly, book number 2 and he are the rest of us, still with the first book trapped inside! You go girl! I hope you’re enjoying being in a hotel and the course kick starts whatever it is that causes one to write properly! Loving the paper colour selections ready for the video. Pairing them up with sketches like that is so organised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh hiding in a hotel sounds like a serious move to get that book going. Best of luck getting those chapters rolling. Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your retreat! Hope book 2 starts off well!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #15

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly! I can't think of anything more wonderful than staying in a hotel for 4 days! I hope you get the inspiration and boost that you want! Have a great time, Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun away, we can't really go anywhere, anyway, I'm so late, you're probably back by now! I really should make time for my book. Desk look really tidy! Sorry I'm late, oh....clocks spring forewward tonight! Stay Safe, Keep on Crafting, Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#21

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting to be getting new furniture, Kelly. We are so enjoying ours - all of us, kitties included! I hope you had a good time on the retreat and that the hotel was nice and comfortable.

    Happy extremely belated WOYWW - it's been a very busy week and I am still catching up.

    Shoshi #22

    ReplyDelete