Friday, July 22, 2022

JUNK JOURNAL FRIDAY - Shaker Paper Clips!

 Good morning, everyone!

I had a play yesterday. I knew I wanted to add a shaker element to the bee journals but didn't want the traditional tag. Then I had an idea.... Shaker Hidden Paper Clip! Say what?!


I used a bag that Stampin' Blends come in and cut it down to 3" - using the bottom section for the pocket.

I've been using the Heart and Home suite for the bee journals. I cut a piece 2" x 2-1/4" for the inside. This provides a background for the contents and hides the black printing on the back of the bag.

The darker piece of the topper is cut to 1-7/8" x 2-1/2"... score the 2-1/2" side at 1-1/4" then fold.

The green piece is 1-7/8". You'll see in the video I chose to tear the green paper. I believe I bought the lace from Spectrum Art Creations. One of the gals in group suggested trimming the individual piece to look like a mask for Tim Holtz paper dolls so I bought a yard. The lace is no longer available there but you could use any lace trim. You may even find this one at Hobby Lobby. I chose the lace because I thought it resembled bee's wings.

I made three - two in advance then constructed the third one on the video below.


I'll be back tomorrow for Scrapbook Saturday. Since we're doing Christmas all this month, I have a special Christmas memory to share.

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment