Wednesday, July 13, 2022

WOYWW #684

 Good morning, everyone!

Life has just been NUTS here the past couple of months. I've missed you all and have put the weekly number in my planner every week this quarter. Hopefully, that will help.

Quick update:

Spoke at a writer's meeting in May, Something else two weeks later but can't remember. Then a writer's conference mid-June, followed by a whirlwind in-laws visit the day after I got back from the conference. Weekend before July 4th I did a solo writing retreat to try and make sense and update my planners. Just some quiet time.

July 5th, we caved and bought a 'new' car. My truck has been acting up a lot recently and the little Suzuki 'toy car' would start at home but would mess around about starting up after I got somewhere and wanted to come back home. Maybe 'Cherry' didn't want to live here anymore. We traded her in for a 2012 Toyota 4-runner. That is the last year they put the 4-runner body on a truck chassis so I have all the clearance I need for the logging road we live on. She has more bells & whistles than I'll ever use but she's trust-worthy. Carfax showed she's been well taken care of. I've been saving for almost three years so I could pay cash. I almost made it but a small personal loan took care of what I couldn't. We haven't had a car payment in 15 years and I wasn't starting this late in our life.


The truck in the background is my 'dependable' snowball. She started acting up while I was on my retreat then the other day when I was going to take her she made a horrid grinding noise in the front end. So she is parked until we can afford to fix her.

Okay... what you really came for:


The work table isn't perfect yet but I'm making progress. That piece in the front is book front turned into 'weathered wood' during a technique class I took with Spectrum Art Creations using Stamperia products. They sell a lot of G45, Stamperia, Cio Bella, Tim Holtz, Cathe Holden, etc at very affordable prices both in their online and etsy store as well as through LIVE Sales every Saturday. We have so much fun during the live sale. We play games, win prizes and get great prices on our favorite products. 

I've also started pulling stuff out of the way so I can detail the carpet, put furniture back in place then start the big task of cataloging my stamps - FINALLY!
I've dropped Stampin' Up! So now it's time to integrate all of my toys into a workable fashion so I can play with whatever.

One more quick picture... I took part in a BoBunny challenge offered up by Madi at Spectrum Art Creations and made this canvas for my studio:


So tell me, what's been your favorite car/ truck/ SUV to drive so far?

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly



9 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, well I loved my first car, a little green mini van and I loved my Tigra, I didn’t like the new Tigra’s when they changed shape. Both of my cars were not actually comfortable, but they were small and easy to park. Now we have a huge Discovery 5 that beeps at me from all sides when I am trying to park, but we needed it to tow the caravan. Your canvas is lovely. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you new car serves you well and behaves, sounds like a good one. It's good to see you back on the desks again. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, so pleased you're back again. I am still driving my old girl (MGB GT) she is 50yrs old this year and we've had her for about 42yrs hubby has a new Honda CR-V 4x4 which is useful. Good luck with cataloguing the stamps, I keep telling myself I should and still haven't done it which is why I have doubled up on some stamps, silly me I Know! Thank you so much for your kind thoughts over at mine too. . Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not many of us drive trucks or big SUVs here Kelly, we don’t have the massive distances and currently, our fuel is equivalent to about 9 bucks a gallon, so we drive small! I am in my third Toyota, can’t fault them. Hope you get loads of good miles from your new one. Y gosh, cataloguing your stamps will be a job I’m going to be fascinated by your process and by the number of pages it will run to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps I did comment earlier...saying I needed a ladder to get into my daughters SUV but I'm not sure what happened to that! Anyway! Have a great crafty week, Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my mini which was my first car having been my sister's and then my brother's first car too. We still call her Moppet as her reg was OPT 321 M. Enjoy your new truck Kelly and hope you can get the other one up and running again soon. Good luck with cataloguing the stamps! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, some fun crafting, I love Stamperia papers, I have to order most online, We live rural and 50/60 miles to Joann/Hobby Lobby and then they don't have what I go for, or are closed (no help). Many cars in my lifetime. A small Chevy Cavalier was the easiest and fun, But I needed more room for taking Mom/Dad so went to a nice Nissan.Both were great for gas mileage. Gas here is $4.49 and after I remarried we now have a Chevy Traverse, great ride but too big for me, short legs. His farm truck is a Silverado which I love. I have a Dodge Journey, love it mid size and I can haul lots of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sylvia. I get all of my Stamperia from Spectrum Art Creations - usually during their live sales on Saturday on YouTube. You should join us! Lots of fun. Hugs!

      Delete
  8. Oh my life I am sooooooo late sitting down at my PC to comment this week – so sorry no idea where the week went but I did get a craft delivery from Kraft Crazy on Thursday so that might account for some of it.
    I've just got to answer your question. I love my current car it is a Blue Vauxhall Corsa bought in 2007 so is 15 years old this November. I did love my previous White Nissan Micra which was 13yrs when I got the Corsa. I definitely have to test drive before committing so I guess I make the right choices. Enjoy your new car. BJ#15

    ReplyDelete