Wednesday, July 27, 2022

WOYWW #686

 Good morning, everyone!

Sorry about no post yesterday. Had a last minute change of plans. 

Before we get to the activity (or lack thereof) I want to drop a quick reminder that the Stamp With Love card summit begins on Friday. Details are on THIS blogpost from last week! Come join us!!!

I am dropping in for WOYWW this week, though I don't really have a desk. More of a "today's project" kind of thing.


The desk is there - to the left but I have other things to do first, which is what I can finally take care of today. I've been waiting for those two ladder shelf units to dry after getting two coats of paint. You see them in the foreground. Beyond them there is an ironing board holding the die cutting machines that goes on one of the units and past that, the sofa bed I can finally move back into place now that the Little Golden Book shelf (from last week's video) is finished. I'm going to link that short video HERE if you want to hear a bit of info regarding my LGB collection.

The other something to show you is this:


These two raccoon cubs showed up in my bird feeder earlier this week. Not sure where they came from or how they got up there, though I suspect they jumped from the deck railing. They looked to only weigh about #7 (based on how close in size they are to my Tabby cat)  One found his way down later on his own but I had to put a small ladder up against the feeder for the feistier one of the two. Feisty he may have been but he was also very scared. I don't know if momma was around or if they were orphaned. They are the first raccoons we've visibly seen in the yard in about 8 years... ever since Bear dog ran Miss Thing off in the direction of the lagoon. Miss Thing would come up on the deck at night and take graham crackers from my hand. I miss her visits. Since we no longer have full-time outside dogs, maybe my wildlife visitors will increase again. 

I was treated to these over the weekend:


Grace with her spring fawn


Bucky - the 2 yr old 

Grace is one of the largest does I've ever seen and she is so graceful, with a beautiful long neck.
This is Bucky's first year to have antlers. In this picture he is only about 10' from the picture window in our living room. He's been known to come right up to the front deck, too.  These are just 3 of the 8 deer that frequent our yard a couple times a week.

I'll do better about visiting this week. Last week just seemed to zip by!

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly








7 comments:

  1. You’ve been busy this week! Painting those shelves is a great idea and you can have a sort out when you’re replacing all the stuff that came off them in the first place! So amazing to see the wildlife pics, I’ve never seen a real live raccoon!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so excited to have animals like that in my back garden - I get pretty excited over a squirrel! Will we see the newly painted shelves in use next week? Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, how amazing to see such visitors! hope you get the shelves finished and in use soon! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a pleasure to see wildlife so close to where you live. Hope you get the shelf painting finished soon too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see wildlife so close to your home Kelly. Hope the shelves are fully dry now so they can go back to their place in your workshop and you can finish sorting. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LGB! Yoiu have a much more interesting selection of wildlife to your garden than we do! Despite our be4st efforts it's mainly pigeons!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, deer and raccoons all in one week, I think you might be right about the dogs having previously held them back! Ain’t nature wonderful, I hope you enjoy them and they don’t eat the wrong stuff. Your room is looking good, and I love the LGB collection, and the scalloped shelf edge seems perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete