Monday, July 11, 2022

MAKE IT - MAIL IT MONDAY - Caroling Mice

 Good morning, everyone!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July. Bob and I just chilled around the house watching TV, playing cards - our usual time together. 

You'll see a theme on the blog this week. LOL

Today I'm playing with CAROLING MICE - an adorable stamp set that can be purchased for $13 using your host rewards.  I paired the single mouse image with a sentiment from CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER from our Annual Catalog (pg 45)

For paper, I chose RINGS OF LOVE DSP - FREE in the Sale A Bration catalog when your purchase $50 from any of our current catalogs and/ or clearance line.

There is a lovely water-marked paper that lends itself to a snowy night time background. Find the spot that is perfect for direct-stamping and you have an easy card.

I stamped the mouse in Basic Gray, colored him with Stampin' Blends then fussy cut him out. I used Dk/ Lt Cherry Cobbler, Dk/ Lt Shaded Spruce, Lt. Smokey Slate, Lt. Pink Pirouette and a blender pen. on both the mouse and the lamp post bow. 

I stamped the lampost in momento tuxedo black, colored all the black with a black GLAZE 3D pen. The light is colored with a yellow GLAZE 3D. I also went over the bow and the light with SU Shimmer Crystal Effects. Both items are raised up on dimensionals.

For the snow drift, I cut a shape from Basic White then dusted with Crystal stickles. Not super crazy about the pink but I tried using the new Stampin' Up! puffy paint and it was way too runny. Just glad I tried the puff paint before I glued the snow drift into place. I wound up cutting a new one.

I'll do something different with the snowdrift on the other nine when I get my work table back in shape and have room besides the filming table to work. 

Tomorrow, I have the June Card Chicks card then Wednesday, I'll be here with WOYWW - showing off my semi-clean work table. The rest of the office is stripped out this week so I can clean the carpet before putting furniture back in place. Then the big job of cataloging paper & stamps begins as I shift my space away from Stampin' Up! and back to ALL of my toys!

Are you ready for Christmas? Let's get those cards made & ready to mail!

Creative Blessings!

~Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment