Friday, August 11, 2023

INSPIRED BY TRACY EASSON

 Good morning, crafty friends!

This post should have ran yesterday but after a rough night sleep Wednesday night, I just could not get the things done that needed.

We kick off our Inspired By series this week with stamps from Tracy Easson. Tracy is a fabulous artist from Scotland and a member of our WOYWW blog hop group. You can see her blog HERE.

Tracy will be in our Creator's Corner on Thursday, August 31st.

For this week's card, I chose to use two of the sets from her large collection.


BELIEVE


SOUL SYMBOLS

I absolutely loved both of these sets.  While SOUL SYMBOLS is more of a 'star' theme, I thought they'd make beautiful snowflake/ Christmas images, too. 

What is a 'soul symbol'?  Basically, a sigal assigned to your birth month. You can read more and find yours HERE. (NOTE: the sight is AD heavy)

My soul symbol, or sigal, is a FLOWER.


If your soul symbol is the flower, you have an incredibly pure and lovely heart. Wherever you go, you spread a great deal of happiness and joy. You embody tranquility, adding elegance to a boring environment. The kindness you exude encourages folks to take a break from their hectic lives and appreciate the peace.
Your lovely heart and soul are your unique selling proposition and you never compromise on that, no matter how hard life gets or hurts you, You always emphasis your inner fortitude, positivity and beauty.

Now that we know more about soul symbols... here's the card I made this week:


Because I had to work with the August colors:


I used colors from my Lindy's Magicals - Industrial Chic collection. I used Time Travel Teal, Rusty Lantern Lime and Shabby Turbine Teal. I brought the Mango Melody in by using some vellum from a retired Stampin' Up! collection and mounted everything on Balmy Blue card base.

I hope you'll check out the links I've provided.  In the mean time, here's the video where I put the card together in 'real time'.


I'll be back Monday with our Memory Dex card of the week!

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment