Monday, August 7, 2023

MAKE IT MONDAY - Back to Business!

 Good morning, crafty friends!

You would not believe what I was able to accomplish in the past couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience.  I still have a ways to go as the sofa bed will remain out until after the first week in October. In the mean time, while everything is sorted by category, a lot of items are positioned strategically around the room waiting to be put back once the sofa bed is folded up.

No card today. Instead, I have a project I've had in the work for a couple of months. I didn't like the the way the project was taking shape so I sat the pieces aside. Sometimes you just need to let a project breathe before you find the right  direction.

Here is a group shot:


The Spectrum Art Creations challenge called for us to do something with a napkin we had purchased from them. I loved this castle napkin and knew what I wanted.

I started by painting the coasters blue so that the sky in the background would have that tone. Instead, the blue overtook the image. After several weeks of contemplating, I flipped the coaster over, put a coat of white chalk paint then applied the napkin. MUCH better!

I cut the butterflies from panels of the same collection and glued them to vellum to give them a bit of stiffness. I show you in the video linked below how I made the antennae. I added quotes from a Tim Holt chat book.

Here's a close up:


I'll be back tomorrow for Tag Tuesday!
In the mean time, here's the video giving you a view of several items I have in the works:


Creative Blessings
~ Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment