Monday, January 2, 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! - First Project Details

 


Good morning, everyone!

I am so ready for a new year and to get back on track. I'm not sure what happened in 2022 but I just couldn't stay on the merry go round.

I've chosen my word of the year - CONSISTENT

My plan is to stay consistent on the following areas:

Blogging
Social Media Marketing
YouTube
Writing
6M4L - I'll explain in a later post

Today, I'm kicking of 2023 with a challenge I've wanted to play in for the past couple of years but I never seemed to get in on the ground floor.  
MEGJOURNALS offers a January and a July version of this challenge.

You'll find all of the details HERE:

Basically, you have a prompt every day of the month to do something in your journal. You do NOT have to play every day. You can skip prompts that don't jive with you. Other than that, it's just a time to let go and be creative as it comes.

The journal can be anything. If you go to Meg's YouTube Junk Journal January Playlist, you'll find all the several options from great creators. There are 29 collaborators in this project. 

I decided to do flat sheets then I'll put them together with binder rings.  
The other thing I'm doing is blending this with Madi's Spectrum Art Creations Christmas Challenge - which she has extended to January 15th.  There are 42 Challenges for us to do  - each one completed enters us into a drawing (for each number so 42 chances to win!)

I'll explain that part in a minute. But first, this is what I'm starting with:


For Madi's challenges we have to use at least 50% of products purchased from her in each of the projects.  I'm starting with the brown packing paper that comes in my orders. I'm going to cut each down to 4.25" x 6". Technically the working space will be 4x6 but the 1/2" gives me binding room.  I'm going to cut the mats from the brown paper, glue together in the center then stitch around the parameter.  The stencil, stencil butter, washi and Lyndi's Magical powders were purchased from their Spectrum Art Creations store. That stencil, by the way, is their own design.

Then I have all of this lovely ephemera to play with when doing the prompts:

Some of the pieces came in a box from my friend, Terri, in London. Others, like the book paper (Stamperia), the botanical cards, tickets and ephemera packs are from Spectrum Arts. I also have a box of clippings from the personal journal I did last week. 

Here's the video for that journal:


I will be back tomorrow where we will talk about Birthday and Anniversary cards for the month of January. 

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly







No comments:

Post a Comment