Monday, April 17, 2023

SMMR Card Group Monthly Swap

Good morning, crafty friends!

I've not posted cards for this in awhile. Not sure why, but I'm trying to get better.

I've been with the SMMR card group for about ten years. Doesn't seem possible! I've had the pleasure of meeting up with some of the ladies at Stamp n Scrap Expo in Collinsville once and we swapped ATCs. We're down to a handful of us now. 

Each month, our fearless leader, Barb matches us up with another member of the group for us to send a card to. I was running really late on my cards there for awhile. Got tough for me after we lost the Yahoo groups. I don't do FB as much - but I'm trying.

For this month, I tried out a die I'd requested from Madi @ Spectrum Art Creations. I'd seen a similar die on a FB ad demo and fell in love. To my surprise, Madi was able to find three different ones - including the one I used for this card. (I don't see them on their website so they must be sold out)

Here is the die I used:


I had a strip of leftover paper from Mintay called Graceful that was the perfect size for me to cut two cards from the single strip.  I bought the last one Madi had but I found it on FranticScrapper

The card:


After cutting out all of the pieces (does everything in one pass!), I mounted the frame on Purple Posey cardstock (Stampin' Up!). The green pieces are the reverse of the floral print. I cut a scalloped circle from Fresh Freesia, stamped the Hello from the Oct. 2016 Paper Pumpkin in Tuxedo Memento Black on Basic White cardstock. 

I love this die and can't wait to play with the other two!

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly







2 comments:

  1. Love this Kelly! I have never seen that dye. It sure makes for a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a similar die advertised on FB and asked Madi @SpectrumArtCreations if she could get it. She found 3 different styles, including this one.

      Delete