Monday, April 24, 2023

MIXED MEDIA TAG FOR LineDotArrow Challenge

 Good morning, everyone!

First off, if you saw this last Monday, I made the post forgetting I had one scheduled LOL. Life is always interesting & busy when Bob is home. 

I am part of Natalie's FB group - Line Dot Arrow. Lovely & talented lady from the Netherlands. I'll leave all of her links below so you can check her out.

Each week she offers a challenge. Last week (due the 13th and I just made it LOL) was to create a mixed media tag. She's just starting to play with mixed media and wanted us to explore the medium with her and maybe learn from each other along the way. 

Here's the tag I made:


I sandwiched a 3.5" x 7" file folder tag between two of Natalie's digital tags. Then I took a third digital tag and torn that to create the pattern in the bottom right side. I know it looks like a pocket but I do have the piece glued down completely. I layered a strip of another of her tags on that then added a fussy cut image from the same tag as the triangular piece. The oval at the top is from her digitals as well. I used all of her free digitals from the Facebook group. I want her SPRING BLOOM COLLECTION but waiting for money to transfer to my paypal. The laces as well as the burlap, leaf and tag tie were all from my stash. I made the dangle from part of an actual dangle attached to a wrapped paperclip. Both the wrapping and the 'thank you' were from one of the digital sheets.

Mixed Media can mean different things to different people. For me I think pattern, texture, fabric/ lace, metals. I would like to have added some texture paste/ stenciling but last week was crazy and I didn't get to the FB group until Friday - when the challenge was due! LOL But that's pretty much how I roll most of the time. 

Here's her video for the Mixed Media Tag:


Our next challenge is to make a stuffed Paper Bag. Not sure what that entails? Check out Natalie's video as she begins constructing hers:



You will find all of Natalie's links via her linktr.ee

I hope you'll come join us!

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment