Thursday, April 27, 2023

CREATOR'S CORNER - Ceri Griffiths aka Ceri The Crafter

 Good morning, crafty friends!

We've had an awesome month being inspired by Ceri Griffiths. Today we get to learn a bit more about him and take a gander inside his creative space. Let's get started!

Before we get to Ceri's bio, let me share his email signature line with you. The accolades are very impressive:

Artist & Crafter

International Teacher, Demonstrator, Judge, 

Show Host & TV Personality

Freelance Television Demonstrator


ICES 2021 Hall Of Fame inductee

Award Winning Author

Award Winning Silicon Mould Designer

OSSAS Medal of Honor

ICES Approved Tutor


If you don't know, the ICES stands for International Cake Exploration Société


Ceri Griffiths is truly gifted.


Bio:

All through my life creativity has played a major role and when the pandemic took

my cake decorating business away from me and we were all forced to stay at home I turned to my art skills to once again build a career for myself. 

A few years later now finds me with a thriving Youtube channel, occasional appearances on shopping channels demonstrating craft products, I designing stencils and foam stamps for an

American company (P.M. Artist Studio). I’m now far happier than I’ve ever been,

I’ve truly been blessed to find a new home amongst the creative souls and artists of the world. Hard work definitely pays off



Thank you for joining us today, Ceri. This is truly a pleasure.

1 – What got you started on the creative path?
As far back as I can remember I've been creative and inventive. I come from a family
who had very little money when I was growing up so I had to be able to alter found
items and existing items to adapt them to my creative needs. I was also a very sickly
child therefore I spent a lot of time indoors or in bed, the perfect place to enjoy arts
and crafts.

2 – How has your creativity evolved?
I think its better to ask how my style has evolved and that is purely based on the
artists and influencers that have touched my life. I am so glad that the internet has
given us as Artists the ability to reach around the world to inspire, support and
nurture our varying art forms. Style is an ever evolving creature and I'm enjoying that
journey.


3 – What do you enjoy most about your creative path?
Creativity has helped me deal with my demons, my art endeavours have been my safe
place when the rigours for life close in upon me. There are many things I enjoy about
my artistic life but most of all I think its the generous, caring and inspiring members
of the various artistic community’s. A creative life can be a very lonely life and
knowing others are treading the same pathway eases the anxiety when you share your
emotional expression in the form of art with the rest of the world.

4 – What inspires you?
The sheer joy of life and nature, I love to learn and experience new mediums and art
forms. I personally feel if you’re a creative soul then you will view any form of art as
achievable and experimental.



5 – When did you move from hobby to business and what initiated the transition?
For many years my business has been the art of cake decoration and design however
when covid struck the planet it also wiped out that side of my life and my business
failed. I’d alway been creative through arts and crafts, design had also played a major
part of my life so it was a natural progression to reinvent my business to incorporate
my love of artistic creativity. The kind words and support of other artists helped me
boast my confidence to the level where I was willing to expose my artistic soul to the
world. I believe it was the right move at the right time and now I enjoy a life where I
believe I’m the truest version of myself that I've ever been.

6 – What do you love most about your space and would you change anything?
I love my creative space because it is a reflection of myself, it is a space that is my
safe haven away from judgment, I don't go to work I go to play. I think the only thing
I’d like to change about my work space is to have a sink with running water within it,
a minor adaption and defiantly a luxury item. I’m very blessed to be able to have a
dedicated space that I can work in and I never take it for granted.

7 – What 3 things do you feel are important when planning a space?
1. Be willing to allow your space to change, your creative space is a living place
that will adapt to your requirements.
2. Take note of your habits, the tools and supplies you normally reach for and have
them stored close to you.
3. If possible always work with natural light, its better for your eyes and the true
representation of colours will help your creations look the way you imagined
them.



8 – What is your best organization tip?
Know where your supplies are supposed to be stored and return them to that place at
the end of each project so you can find them again.

9 – What is your best tip for anyone wanting to turn their craft into a business?
If you wish to turn your craft into a business be very realistic about the costs
involved, including your time, the impact on your family but most of all a business is
supposed to make a profit, if its not earning you money then it’s still a hobby.

Great information, Ceri! Thank you for the tips and showing us around your studio. 

You can reach Ceri by clicking any of the following links:































1 comment:


  1. well done. A lot of useful info packed into a small space. Please thank Ceri for sharing his love of creativity.

    ReplyDelete